KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

Stock tail with mud guard

11K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  my790 
#1 ·
I didn't realize this until I got the bike home from dealer, but it came with a kind of mud guard bolted under the tail. I've never seen this in pictures of the bike before. I quite like it, and honestly makes me think I don't need tail tidy.

Anyone else got that? Or is it just my dealer that added it?
I have to ask at next service.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
@Chic I'm not surprised to hear that tbh. I've been to moto meet Schwabish Gmund couple weeks ago. So many 790's... And most had nearly all power parts, including the orange bolts, caps and whatever other non-essential mods. Mine was the only one without original power parts bar-end mirrors ...even though you can get exact same ones, just without the logo, at Louis for 1/3 the price.

#10 ·
Just need to make sure the blinker isout of the exhaust firing line, I think the chap who melted his on here was using a homemade jobby, although I could be wrong. I've got the R&G - no issues with either stock or akra.

#18 ·
Nice tidy for sure, easy install, (looks like), personally I've always preferred an integrated set-up, with the blinkers built into the tail light, that's how I'll prolly purchase for the 790.

So is there an slightly extended mud-flap/hugger that would help with the rain/mud, after removing the stock, bulky, unsightly tail light/mud flap contraption?

#21 ·
I agree 100% with this! I always liked the integrated tail light and blinker set up as well. I have been looking and looking for months and have yet to find one. Likewise, I haven't seen an extended mud flap either.

I would absolutely love to put on a tail tidy with just the stop light with integrated signals, and then install a plate holder like the MT09 has. I think this looks awesome. Wish they made that for the 790!

#23 ·
I like that look! Unfortunately I'm in the US and we are like year or two behind you guys! Agreed, it isn't the prettiest but looks like it does the job. Your guys plates over there are huge aren't they? Ours are like a 4x6 greeting card!

Yamaha got it right with their style. It looks perfect on that bike!

#24 ·
We don't have a set legal size plate in the UK, but the lettering, spacing and borders are stipulated which equates to a around 9x7, however cops don't seem to care too much provided you're not doing anything else spectacularly stupid.

Been running 7x6/5 on my bikes for years through central London (loads of cops) and never had an issue. Even been pulled over a few times for a "chat" but they're usually just having a moan about the noisy exhaust :plain:

Lots of guys run even smaller plates, however if you do get pulled for another reason they'll generally start having a go if they notice it.

#25 ·
I personally dont like the rear tire mounted license plate bracket. I was thinking about doing an under tail installation. I found a universal carbon fiber tail tidy which is also a motorcycle plate flipper from 007plate.com. Here is what it would look like on our bikes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.