KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. Just wondering if that’s a bolt on or Rivet on piece, (I’d consider powder coating it black)

have a deposit down on an 890, but it’s still in Crate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! We have a local shop that does nice work with powder coating they just did my wheels for my CB750, from my experience Powdercoating is pretty durable, and if it doesn’t last it will be a great time to get a slip on exhaust!

·
Registered
KTM 890 Duke R
12 Posts
Had slip-on on all my bikes. But more and more focus on noise and legal exhaust in Europe. Actually not a big thing in Norway (yet) but like Germany is very strict, could risk fines and even that not allowed to drive further I believe. Also on tracks they are tougher regarding noise. BUT if you have OE exhaust, you are fine, just don't want the hassel and risk so this time I will (at least for now) stick to OE.

At first hated the looks of the OE exhaust and thought that must go. But grown on me but think black cover will look better. And think more weight to gain (well, loose) loosing the cat but from what read, then becomes really noisy :)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Hey folks. Just wondering if that’s a bolt on or Rivet on piece, (I’d consider powder coating it black)
Parts schematic is clear enough - Bolts. I have seen them done in Black and KTM orange.
As @Pingvin comments the Germans have an especially hard time with some aftermarket parts so seem to take more advantage of simpler options.
In theory it'S not getting THAT hot - but I would look for ceramic on the heat-shield. It will even keep the shield cooler.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Down payment in, financing done, bike needs building, and heated grips and tech pack need to be installed!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks! We have a local shop that does nice work with powder coating they just did my wheels for my CB750, from my experience Powdercoating is pretty durable, and if it doesn’t last it will be a great time to get a slip on exhaust!
View attachment 6427
What's it cost to powder coat a pair of wheels?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I paid $180 Canadian dollars or 145 US to prep and color and then clear coat my 2 wheels, well worth it it my opinion! So I’m guessing coating the heat shield won’t be very expensive.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I paid $180 Canadian dollars or 145 US to prep and color and then clear coat my 2 wheels, well worth it it my opinion!
A lot cheaper than I thought! I'm considering doing like a burnt orange color, like the OEM orange wheels but a little darker.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, the ink is dry, and my still in the crate new bike will be 1of2 890r my dealer gets this year, so there won’t be many of us in town with the same bike! So stoked, hopefully we have an early spring!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, the ink is dry, and my still in the crate new bike will be 1of2 890r my dealer gets this year, so there won’t be many of us in town with the same bike! So stoked, hopefully we have an early spring!
Nice! What dealership did you get yours from? I'm currently in the market and getting numbers from a few. Wonder if one of yours was one of the ones I was looking at.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts