KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

Start of the money pit :D

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  The Duke Abides 
#1 ·
Made a few lockdown purchases to busy my hands while I'm on lockdown.

So far I have added;

Rim stickers by spinningstickers.com
Evotech radiator guard (not pictured)
Barkbusters aero gt handguards
Powerparts GPS bracket
R&G crash bars (holding my Oxford alarmed dlocks)
R&G axle sliders

I also have a Givi screen that I was going to install but I couldn't get the bolts holding the bottom handlebar brackets loose (locktite and a slightly too small bit) but I'll get the shop to add it when I take it in after the lockdown for its first service.

Hope you're all staying safe and are looking forward to the end of the lockdown

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Great additions.

I too purchased the handlebar GPS mount and am thinking I am going to put the new Garmin zumo XT on it. However, I see that it appears to cover your dash more then I would like. Is this on purpose and could you have mounted lower if you wanted to?

Also how is the viewing angle? The mount does seem to have a nice angle to it.

#3 ·
Great additions.

I too purchased the handlebar GPS mount and am thinking I am going to put the new Garmin zumo XT on it. However, I see that it appears to cover your dash more then I would like. Is this on purpose and could you have mounted lower if you wanted to?

Also how is the viewing angle? The mount does seem to have a nice angle to it.
I own a Zumo XT but have a Tomtom Rider 550 mounted to my Duke. The Zumo will not cover the dash while sitting on the bike. The PP GPS mount has two positions too

#4 ·
In my photos it does look like it's covering the dash, but that's more from where I took the picture. When I'm on the bike I can see both perfectly.

There are holes to allow an upper and lower attachment, but my zumo was clipping the key on the lower setting and it felt like it could switch it off when I was turning :/

The one tho g I would say though, if you're used to having your GPS high on your handlebars, the mount may put the GPS much lower than you would like and it'll feel like your lookit down to far?

#8 ·
Yeah and I'm in London too fredaroony, bike theft central. Both locks are alarmed, so is the bike, and I put one lock through each wheel and the brakes/sprocket to keep it from rolling.

I also find the best way to stop it being taken is just to keep riding all day haha 🤣

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.