KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles did peoples rear standard tire last them I’ve done 1600 miles and mine needs replacing??

·
Registered
87 Posts
0 miles. Just picked it up yesterday and I wanted proper track day tires. Went with the Dunlop Q3+ this time.

As soon as I'm through the first service, I'll planning on removing lights and stuff, and this will be a track-day bike only.

I have no experience with the Maxxis, but if you're through the rear in 1,600 miles, I'm guessing you gave it a proper go. Time well-spent. Good stuff!

·
Registered
2018 KTM 790 Duke, 2008 KTM RC8, 2009 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Buell XB12Scg, 1993 Yamaha Vmax.
201 Posts
Close to 5500Km from memory. But I am a light weight.
Replaced with Bridgestone S22s. Great tyre.

·
Super Moderator
1,516 Posts
Just under 3,000 got the rear squared. Replace the set with the Battlax S22.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How many miles did peoples rear standard tire last them I’ve done 1600 miles and mine needs replacing??
I've got 3500 miles on these Maxxis and the steel belts are showing in some places, I have never locked up the rear nor do I do burnouts, but after reading other posts sounds like I did okay.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Duke 790
245 Posts
I got 800 miles before a nail took mine out. Replaced with Michelin PR5's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
2k miles and all but finished.
Looking at Avon storm xm, had them on my R12R before, gripped well and did 7k miles before I sold it, with tread left.

·
Super-Member
662 Posts
You guys are going to hate this, but I got 10,000 miles on the rear. Still had some left on the front, but just swapped them out. I probably did about 3k mi of twisties and about 7k mi of commuting. They were pretty squared, but I wanted to push them as far as I could. For the most part, I just rode. Cranked the throttle enough and at some times, was pretty hard on the tires, but mainly normal riding and accelerations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts