KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a robust set of crash bars to prevent fall damage as I learn motogymknaha techniques. I plan on buying evotech sliders for front and rear axles.

Some requirements of the crash bars are:
  1. fairing/tank protection
  2. engine protection
  3. Thick gauge for repetitive use, or plastic slider attachments to protect against corrosion after use.
The plan for now is to purchase the Sakuta Sports Bumper crash bars (see below) since it looks like it hits all the marks and then some as the stainless steel can handle multiple falls with minimal corrosion risk. Very pricey, but considering powder coated carbon steel crash bars might have to be replaced after a fall, it might be cost effective for multiple crashes.

Does anyone know of other crash bar manufacturers making gymkhana-spec crash bars?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
833 Posts
Wish I'd known about those before. Expensive but look really solid. I see the do rear sliders too.

Get some cheepo chinese bolt on (wrap-around) sliders for the steel as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been doing some research for crash bars for the 890, but all I have found so far is for the 790. I'm thinking the attachment points are still the same, but I would love for someone else to confirm before I end up buying. I plan to do some parking lot drills on the edge of the tire, gymkhana style, so crash bars would provide some peace of mind.

The ones you posted are my top pick so far, but as you mention, very expensive.

I found this set of engine guards from Russia (Crazy Iron) that look promising: CRAZY IRON KTM DUKE 790 Engine Guard Cage PRO | eBay

There's also the Hepco & Becker option, though these do not stick out as much: Engine protection bar - orange for KTM 790 Duke (2018-) - 790 Duke (2018-) - KTM - My bike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wish I'd known about those before. Expensive but look really solid. I see the do rear sliders too.

Get some cheepo chinese bolt on (wrap-around) sliders for the steel as well.
I actually meant to link your crash bar thread in my original post, as it's where I started my search.

Good call on the plastic sliders! Thanks for the feedback. I'll be sure to drop you a link when I get the SSB bars installed. I'll be ordering them in the next month or so, although the lead time can be up to 4 weeks once the order is placed. :cry:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been doing some research for crash bars for the 890, but all I have found so far is for the 790. I'm thinking the attachment points are still the same, but I would love for someone else to confirm before I end up buying. I plan to do some parking lot drills on the edge of the tire, gymkhana style, so crash bars would provide some peace of mind.

The ones you posted are my top pick so far, but as you mention, very expensive.

I found this set of engine guards from Russia (Crazy Iron) that look promising: CRAZY IRON KTM DUKE 790 Engine Guard Cage PRO | eBay

There's also the Hepco & Becker option, though these do not stick out as much: Engine protection bar - orange for KTM 790 Duke (2018-) - 790 Duke (2018-) - KTM - My bike
Congrats on the 890! My local dealer received one the week I bought my 790 and it looked like a fantastic deal.

The crazy iron cage seems to address corrosion protection with the plastic slider caps in multiple places.

SSB actually has a very responsive contact that speaks English and could give you confirmation on mounting compatibility with the 890. They are made to order, so they may entertain custom dimensional changes for the 890 block.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts