KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
not sure if i am missing something here...

to tame my ducati scrambler 803cc for being jerky, i went down from 46T to 44T at the rear sprocket (others added +1 at the front from 15T to 16T to get the same effect).

i was thinking of doing the same set up to my duke 790, but reading the thread above, not sure if it is the way to "tame" this bike.

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke, 2006 SV 650, 2008 Hot rodded KLR, 1991 Honda Hawk NT 650
129 Posts
Don't all you guys messing with your final gearing care that the speedo's off now? That'd bug me. Maybe there's a way to adjust it through the TFT?
The speedo is off from the factory as most usually are. 5 to 10% optimist is the apparent rule.

·
Registered
2020 KTM 790 Duke
32 Posts
not sure if i am missing something here...

to tame my ducati scrambler 803cc for being jerky, i went down from 46T to 44T at the rear sprocket (others added +1 at the front from 15T to 16T to get the same effect).

i was thinking of doing the same set up to my duke 790, but reading the thread above, not sure if it is the way to "tame" this bike.
Recently posted my impressions on this here: Switched to 15/42 gearing Hope it helps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone use +2 on the rear? Is chain long enough? Or -1 in front, any rubbing issues?
I went plus 2. Just right for what I wanted. Prefer this than going down a tooth on the front. I got the original chain to fit ok with the blocks turned around. Later, when I fitted a DID, I went with a couple more links. Adjuster now sits about mid way back. Changing gearing makes no difference to Speedo readings - another benefit of owning a KTM as opposed to other inferior motorcycles on the market😀.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts