KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Duke 790
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Novice mechanic here. Changing foot pegs on my new 790. Successfully mounted the left peg onto the peg/clutch pedal assembly. When I went to reattach the assembly to the bike the lowest most bolt will not screw back in. My flashlight reveals the bolt hole is now slightly out of alignment with the frame. No idea what to do. It looks like it will take a great deal of force to get things properly realigned. Anybody seen this before??

·
Registered
251 Posts
How is the bike supported - on the side-stand or on a rear wheel stand or front wheel chock stand?

·
Registered
2020 Duke 790
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is the bike supported - on the side-stand or on a rear wheel stand or front wheel chock stand?
Yes, I think you identified the problem. Having no paddock stand, I only used the kick stand for support. I suppose I bungled that. Any idea how to correct at this point? I have a paddock stand on order.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, I think you identified the problem. Having no paddock stand, I only used the kick stand for support. I suppose I bungled that. Any idea how to correct at this point? I have a paddock stand on order.
Have a friend hold the the bike upright, or lean it against a wall. The kickstand bracket has moved since it shares the same bolt as the rearset.

·
Registered
2020 Duke 790
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remove chain guard, loosen side stand, and try to nudge it into alignment??

·
Registered
2020 Duke 790
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Voila! Knight Design pegs, almost 1 inch lower than stock. Need more room for the knees! Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
251 Posts
@Hawk Moth - nice one, I thought it might be the pressure from the bike on the side stand.

Glad you got it sorted and have more room for your knees now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts