KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone like the solo cowl? I'm running an SW motech plate and tail bag, but thinking about the solo cover for running around town. It looks better, but it's $125.

·
Registered
76 Posts
As you write It looks better, but it's $125. the knock offs are half the price on ebay and Amazon. you can then remove the rear pegs and the grab bar if you don't carry a pillion.I bought the PP one and I think it was worth it with a DIY spray job

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the fakes the same quality? Or are they all just cheap plastic?

·
Registered
92 Posts
It isn't cheap, but then brand name aftermarket parts never are. I have the PP cowl, and I'm happy with it. Fits nice and snug. That said, I have no issue with trying AliExpress or eBay parts. I have a $50 no-name radiator guard from AliExpress, which fits great and is excellent quality.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm happy enough with the PP seat cowl, as I never intend to ride this bike with a passenger, and I like the way it looks. That said, I'm not sure the quality is that much better than a knockoff is likely to be. The edges of the plastic around the base are pretty rough on mine, and the paint scratches/swirls easily (and I'm someone who's pretty careful with cleaning, etc.) The fit is very good, fwiw.

On the other hand, the packaging on mine did indicate that it was made in Austria, if you prefer to support manufacturing in a democratic country. (Though, it's entirely possible that may have changed by now.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Why would you waste $50 on garbage when the PP one is only $125 and a perfect paint match and fit?
\

This is usually the way I go, especially when I buy a new bike. We spent a lot on the bike itself, why adorn it with knock-off parts that don't fit or look as good as manufacturer produced bits for their bike? Don't get me wrong, I like saving money, but I also am pretty anal with my "upgrade" quality, fit, feel, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts