KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you guys know I recently bought the Arrow decat and the bike runs very good and sounds amazing. However I decided to sell my Akra muffler and ordered the Arrow GP2. Not that the Akra didn't do the job but there are 3 reasons why I did what I did. 1) I don't like mixing brands (must be the neurotic in my) 2) This bike is so slim and "tiny" that the more I look at it, I have the feeling that the Akra is way to big for that bike and somehow ruins the rear end of it. 3) The black GP2 will blend in well with the colours of my bike.

Where do you guys stand on exhaust models for your Scalpels?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yeah I get what you’re saying about the Akra but I’m running Leo vince decat with Akra slip on pcv custom mapped.

·
VIP member
396 Posts
I can see how you’d say that about the Akra, but I still mounted it any way. The size of the one on Chris Filmore’s race bike is just about perfect IMO. Probably couldn’t pass EPA sound as that sized clip-on.

·
A d m i n .
151,126 Posts
I'm between the Projects SC1 & Arrow Ti.

As you guys know I recently bought the Arrow decat and the bike runs very good and sounds amazing. However I decided to sell my Akra muffler and ordered the Arrow GP2. Not that the Akra didn't do the job but there are 3 reasons why I did what I did. 1) I don't like mixing brands (must be the neurotic in my) 2) This bike is so slim and "tiny" that the more I look at it, I have the feeling that the Akra is way to big for that bike and somehow ruins the rear end of it. 3) The black GP2 will blend in well with the colours of my bike.

Are you concerned at all, that the DeCat coupled with that 'zorst will be too loud?

I can see how you’d say that about the Akra, but I still mounted it any way. The size of the one on Chris Filmore’s race bike is just about perfect IMO. Probably couldn’t pass EPA sound as that sized clip-on.

Did you get to ride his bike too? :smile_big:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm between the Projects SC1 & Arrow Ti.

Are you concerned at all, that the DeCat coupled with that 'zorst will be too loud?

Did you get to ride his bike too?
No not concerned at all. ****, it's stupid loud even with the Akra rightnow. Might even keep the Akrapovic too, don't know yet. The Arrow wqs ordered yesterday. Keep you posted!

·
Registered
415 Posts
The Acra does look large on the 790, it may be the best pipe for performance, but it fails on the looks department. Ixil IXRACE pipe on mine, and its looks supper cool.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, it finally came through! Here it is. Not so shiney as the Akra but it makes babe look slim. And the sound, well the sound is out of this world let me tell you that.
Congrats! Looks great. The sound... Must be memorable,
My 2 daughters discribed it well. "It sounded like the world was ending" 😂😂😂

1 - 12 of 12 Posts