KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Shoei X-spirit 3 (or X-14 over the pond)

Fits really nicely, vey snug all around the cheeks and jaw.
Will eventually get a photochromatic visor as i sometimes work very late on weekends and i cant be bothered bringing two visors with me.

·
Super-Moderator
366 Posts
Shoei NXR Brigand TC-10

Photochromatic visor with pinlock
Foggy respro mask
Uclear digital pulse plus wired speakers

·
Super-Member
600 Posts
I like it Owl!

Mine is more low key but I love it. Scorpion Exo 1000. Fits like a glove and feels great.

Attachments

·
a d m i n .
151,147 Posts
You fellas have some nice helmets. I used to buy Arai's, and keep them a long time.

The last 10 years or so, I've been buying Scorpions, (mostly R710 varieties, inexpensive, functional, and I put them on the scarecrow in my veggie garden after 2 years of service, and just buy another)..

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I have a Shoei GT Air with a drop down internal visor which is a godsend. Also has a Pinlock insert on the main visor. Very comfortable and has large cutouts for the speakers on my comms unit. I don't use the removable breath guard because I wear specs for riding and driving and the breath guard causes a bit of misting, mainly on cooler days when I'm stationary. Otherwise, very pleased with it over the 18-odd months I've owned it.

Attachments

·
Super-Moderator
366 Posts
Surprised no ADV helmets yet, I know it’s not an adventure bike, but the styling certainly matches imo.

love this Shoei Hornet in KTM colours

·
Registered
435 Posts
Oh wow! Bad enough but could have been a lot worse. A recent event or historical?
A week before me and the wife were to fly out to Philip Island Moto GP 2016 Geoff, still went but a lot of the things to do with my son were cancelled:sad: But i got to hobble around PI and still had a great time. Dumb lesson learnt, pushing an unfamiliar bike hard up hill on a corner that had a sunken dip in the road, suspension loaded up then unloaded causing the tire to let go at around 120kph, rear came around , and down i went sliding on my back up the centre of the road following the bike. :crying:

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
A week before me and the wife were to fly out to Philip Island Moto GP 2016 Geoff, still went but a lot of the things to do with my son were cancelled:sad: But i got to hobble around PI and still had a great time. Dumb lesson learnt, pushing an unfamiliar bike hard up hill on a corner that had a sunken dip in the road, suspension loaded up then unloaded causing the tire to let go at around 120kph, rear came around , and down i went sliding on my back up the centre of the road following the bike. :crying:
Crikey! I'm reluctant to say that you were lucky but considering the circumstances, I think it's a fair statement! I haven't been over Mt Messenger for about 5 years but I do remember a pretty uneven surface approaching the summit on the southern side, Bet your wife was wasn't best pleased :grin: .

I've only had one high speed off (at over 200 km/hr) and it was surprisingly uneventful apart from a bad scare. In the late 60's, the throttle of my drag bike jammed open crossing the finish line and I put it into a ploughed field at the side of the dragstrip. Quite a soft landing all considered and just bruises!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts