KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should be the shift light (light up & flashes) adjustments be after the first 620 miles service ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Shift light adjustment

What should be the shift light (light up & flashes) adjustments be after the first 620 miles service ?

·
Super-Member
608 Posts
Jeez I did't even realize you can adjust the setting on it. I left it whatever the factory default is. I have hit the limiter a bunch, but then again, I don't really see the dash light when I am accelerating. I am learning the sounds of the bike right before the limiter still.

·
Super-Moderator
363 Posts
Whatever you want!

I think mine is about 7 or 7.5 first warning and like 9 or 10 it kind of reminds me to stay in check and not get too out of hand.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I set mine to light up orange at 8000 rpm so that I have a bit of leeway before limiter kicks in.

But my reading of the manual is , it's up to you!
I was planning to set at 8000 (light up) and 9500 (flash) as the rev limiter kicks in at 9800

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeez I did't even realize you can adjust the setting on it. I left it whatever the factory default is. I have hit the limiter a bunch, but then again, I don't really see the dash light when I am accelerating. I am learning the sounds of the bike right before the limiter still.
What were the factory defaults ? I was messing around with the settings and don’t remember what they were.

·
Super-Moderator
363 Posts
Whatever you want!

I think mine is about 7 or 7.5 first warning and like 9 or 10 it kind of reminds me to stay in check and not get too out of hand.
I might have upped it to 8 actually

·
Super-Member
608 Posts
What were the factory defaults ? I was messing around with the settings and don’t remember what they were.
I am not sure off the top of my head but I remember reading what it was in the manual. I want to say it's like 7500-7800 rpms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts