KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got KT out for the morning commute (yes thats her name) put the kick stand down leaning in to the slightly dropped kerb and walked away to get my lid, gloves etc i made it all the way to my front door before hearing the sickening thud of her falling over! I had often thought to myself “this is precarious” but i had nearly made it a year before the apparent inevitable, luckily damage limited to a snapped/ bend break leaver and knackered KTM orange bar end the wife got me for my birthday 😫 i have been toying with the idea of loosing the pillion pegs but in this instance this saved the akra slip on.

I know this has probably been asked a thousand times over but UK buddies what levers should i go for? Cant seem to find a puig dealer here and the ktm ones are 300 quid for the pair!

Also later in the week this happend to the maxxis that came with her replaced with a michelin pp3 what a beaut, wish i done it sooner!

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Man dropping a bike sucks. I was on a group ride once and waiting in line for fuel, I moved up my bike closer to the pump. The bars knocked my Arai helmet off the mirror to the ground. Horrified I looked over the bike to see what happened, and then the bike went over too! Happens to all of us.

I have the Puig's, ordered off the internet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Double whammy that sucks! What site did you get them from? Im trying to resist the urge for the £50 set I’ve seen on ebay...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts