KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that it is a forecast of the season, but interesting results for Day #2 Sepang Test

Pedrosa posted his best Sepang time EVER, doing it on top of a KTM... Third for the day and very close to Fabio.

"At KTM, Dani Pedrosa was the star attraction on the timesheets, and the ‘Little Samurai’ did his fastest ever lap at Sepang International Circuit – no mean feat given his number of premier class poles and wins at the venue. Pol Espargaro sung his praises too. Espargaro ended the day in P8 after nearly fifty laps and was happy with his day despite a tip off at Turn 1 – working on the new chassis and testing it with different setups, citing some key improvements in grip and stability. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) also improved, shaving eight tenths off his day one best and getting closer to fellow rookie Alex Marquez (Repsol Honda Team)."

·
Registered
415 Posts
^^^ Cheers QCS, looking like all bikes are going to be competitive this season. Im picking 6 different winners this season. With Fabio starting the season on top with MM chasing him down over the season. Dovi to win one, Crutch one, Rins one. Fabio 4 (please) Vin two, MM the rest. KTM a wet race top 3 placing. Zarco to implode again.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No VR46?

:sad:

JK. We'll see how it goes. Really looking forward to a more competitive season. MM's streak of wins is getting boring.

Any bets on the championship? Anyone brave enough to bet against Marc?

·
Registered
307 Posts
No VR46?

:sad:

JK. We'll see how it goes. Really looking forward to a more competitive season. MM's streak of wins is getting boring.

Any bets on the championship? Anyone brave enough to bet against Marc?
I give him 85% chance of winning. I mean he could always get hurt.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am a fan of Fabio because he is French like me and above all he goes fast. In addition with a little more experience and respect from other pilots his season could only be better. On the other hand I didn't really like the fact that Fabio and Vinales were signed to Yamaha for 2021 without anyone knowing what Rossi will become, it's a bit of a shame considering what he has brought to this team for years.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I am a fan of Fabio because he is French like me and above all he goes fast. In addition with a little more experience and respect from other pilots his season could only be better. On the other hand I didn't really like the fact that Fabio and Vinales were signed to Yamaha for 2021 without anyone knowing what Rossi will become, it's a bit of a shame considering what he has brought to this team for years.
Yamaha hiring on Lorenzo is a master stroke, Fabio and Vinales have both said how they have modelled their riding style around Lorenzo's. Yamaha haven't made strides forward under Rossi like they did with Lorenzo, but Rossi will gain some more advantage this season as I've heard he has also been working with Lorenzo, so i see Yamaha being the most dominant manufacturer, but possibly a single Honda still winning the most races.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Rumors speak of rossi and lorenzo at petronas in 2021 ... probably a paddock joke ^^
Rossi will and has been offered a seat at Yamaha next season, but not on the Yamaha Factory Team. I see Lorenzo possibly going to Petronas if he feels that racing itch, but I'm not so sure about Rossi. Possibly if he finishes this season in the top 4, but i don't see him now as a top 5 regular finisher, but he could prove me wrong. It would be great to see him go out on a high this season, and possibly win one last race. Rimini race would be a great swan song for him to win at.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pedrosa, Rossi and Oliveira only riders doing consistent 1'59's
New Michelins favouring Yamaha and Suzuki due to it being able to carry higher corner speed.
Honda have complained to Michelin about the new tyre 'being a Yamaha tyre'.
Rear has much more grip in corners and pushing the front (causing MM93 crashes).
Dovi says they don't know the point where the tyres let go and won't know until they are racing.

Could be closer this year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts