KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

SEAT RACKS

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  barbagris 
#1 ·
Yeah I know there are commercial options - BUT - imo they are silly expensive. THE H&B seems to be somewhat limited in terms of weatherproofing and the SW-M needs the base plate from the seat. This to me somehow wrankles.

Also - And this is just my personal beef - I'd rather they were magnetic. That and/or large enough to cosset the MotoMosko Reckless base fully.

So I have a question/request.

Does anybody have one of the KNOCK-OFF rear seat hump thingies?. If so I would appreciate some feedback on rigidity (material thicknesses) and photos of the underside.

#2 ·
I'm interested in the H.B. Seat Rack as it replaces the pillion seat and doesn't disturb the look of the bike like a Tail Rack. Also, you won't damage the actual seat with bungee hooks- n -junk. I do agree it is a little pri$ey but how much is a replacement seat. Can any one speak to is functionality"

It seems like a really sizable tank bag is not as usable on the 790's weird shaped tank.
That's been my luggage solution on so many bikes.

I too would be interested to know more about inexpensive tail humps as that fits my esthetic.

#3 ·
I ordered the SW - upon getting 3/4 of the way through install I then realized the stock pillon needs to be disassembled. After several cuss words I repackaged and will be sending back. - for $300 they could not include a plastic base plate that would cost what.... $10 to source???? I too am searching for a more reasonable solution to have daily commute storage on the bike. I have been tempted to try the aliexpress luggage rack that bolts where the grab handle bolts into.... for $50 it may be the answer

#6 ·
O.K. Barbagris, challenge exceted.
This is a Givi Voyager, Fully deployed. It's pretty big but with the Dukes riding position the bars are still comfortably within reach. I can't see the dash with the second tier open but thats ok. No wind blast on the chest with this baby on.
It has a magnetic base. In conjunction with my homemade strap it is secure and safe.
Bottoms Up
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Auto part Tire Suspension Vehicle Brake
Auto part Tire Suspension Vehicle Brake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.