KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed the screen automatically switches from light to dark mode when riding through tunnels and shady bits. It seems a bit too sensitive and will change to night mode very quickly. However it takes FOREVER to change back to day mode.

Is there any way to turn off the auto function?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
The programming is fixed. This said the early software was more fidgety. Switching from light to dark and back to light very fast. And it was ruddy annoying if you rode down tree lined lanes. It also makes the DRL swap to Dip - or back to DRL and this flashing effect I believe was an "issue" for other road usage enforcement personnel.

So I believe the delay to "Light Conditions" was lengthened. I say this as I noticed the change following a dash software upgrade. If, like me, you have an opaque screen it's worse still.
THERE MAY BE A LEGAL BACKSTOP TOO. My new car has a similar function, dimming the digital LCD dash when it feels the lights should be on. It too can be tardy coming back to light mode.

The fast activation of dark mode is reasonable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm super new to the bike, in fact, I just got it two days ago... but... there has to be a light sensor somewhere.. and this is probably remedied by just putting a piece of tape over it. Granted, you'd be in full time night mode, but at least it won't flash...

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I'm super new to the bike, in fact, I just got it two days ago... but... there has to be a light sensor somewhere.. and this is probably remedied by just putting a piece of tape over it. Granted, you'd be in full time night mode, but at least it won't flash...
Yup - it's top centre in the dash. You could of course fit a LED directly above - so it's always day. It is I think light colour discriminating.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Has anybody opened the dash to cover the sensor with some black electrical tape or something? Personally I prefer the dark look and have no issues riding in dark mode 100% of the time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.