KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put on new scorpion slip on. Thinking about decat..ing but I'm not quite sure if it's dangerous for the motor without changing the map or sensors or installing some sort of a Coober. Like to get some great forum info
on this thanks in advance...

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Just put on new scorpion slip on. Thinking about decat..ing but I'm not quite sure if it's dangerous for the motor without changing the map or sensors or installing some sort of a Coober. Like to get some great forum info View attachment 5702 on this thanks in advance...
It's only dangerous if you don't first de-claw it.;)

Anytime you modify the exhaust system your fueling will change which would require a fueling adjustment. Will it kill your engine if you don't, probably not but it could effect the engine long term.

I believe there is a flash available if you go with the Akra full system.

For me I'm staying with the stock set up. The pipe looks and sounds great. Plus I really don't need any more power. The bike has plenty of poop to get you into trouble.

Good luck.

Registered
i fitted a decat straight thru pipe on my 790 with the standard can and omg did it sound good and i mean real good and not over loud either, i had ordered a LeoVince lv10 twin can system and fitted it without the cat and omg the noise was just stoopid loud ! iv had straight thru cans on all my previous bikes V twins tripples and 4 potters and nothing sounded like this 790 ! why it is so loud i dont know but after 1 day i had to refit the cat and it sounds ok now, not as good as the standard can with the cat delete but its not bad, i have also fitted a K&N air filter and a booster plug which has richened up the mixture, start from cold you can smell its much richer and bike runs good.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I'm asking is with the scorpion slip-on if I were to decat would I have to remap I know Akra has maps with their exhaust systems I'm talking about decatting with the scorpion and some sort of a through pipe wondering if I need to change anything as not to damage the engine. Also the powerplate should be here today

Registered
the power plater will make it run even leaner than they already do so i would be carefull fitting the plate, from everything i have read the 790 was designed to run with the cat and i can believe that because when i removed mine it did loose bottom end torque so i deffo makes a difference to the engine performance, you would be better putting the bike on a dyno and getting it remapped specific to your engine rather than just installing a 1 size fits all map for X can ! you can also see the difference the plate makes off and on the bike. It only cost me 拢60 for dyno time and remap on my V twin Ktm so not expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.