KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super-Moderator
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Website seems broke at the moment, the SC1-R is quite similar to the Akra, although it looks to have a removable baffle (without having drill and piss about) which may be good for some. Pricing also seems quite competitive.

I also have the akra with baffle removed so won’t be changing anytime soon, but if they did the S1 or S1-GP in black I may consider it, I had the GP-M2 on my street triple r and it sounded bonkers.

The double underslung titanium pipes from AR are still probably my favourite at the moment, I may treat myself when spring rolls in next year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Think I'll be going for an SC Project,probably the SC1-R,maybe the S1 if I can find out how loud it is. The other option is a Wings and add the Coober and decat pipe later. Funds are a bit tight as I have just bought my wife a new Duke 690.:wink:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Even though i have the Akra im so tempted to get the GP can from SC project. Half the price of Austin is cray..

With DB Killer (S1 can)

Without

Austin GP can titanium slip-on with shipping: 824 EUR
SC Project can titanium slipon with shipping: 480 EUR

what am i paying for here really?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Even though i have the Akra im so tempted to get the GP can from SC project. Half the price of Austin is cray..

With DB Killer (S1 can)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPB8QaKDGhg

Without
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4JPD2DSQXQ

Totally diff sounds for sure, though I don't know if that warrants extra price unless there is a corresponding HP increase. Austin has a growl that would probably make someone on the street jump without being too loud while the SC (from vids I've seen) is more like a deeper version of stock.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Totally diff sounds for sure, though I don't know if that warrants extra price unless there is a corresponding HP increase. Austin has a growl that would probably make someone on the street jump without being too loud while the SC (from vids I've seen) is more like a deeper version of stock.
I´m not that convinced by that to be honest.
Its´s a slip-on, a short pipe after the cat and there´s only so many things you can do to change the sound from that where i think the biggest difference is simply how you record your video.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I´m not that convinced by that to be honest.
Its´s a slip-on, a short pipe after the cat and there´s only so many things you can do to change the sound from that where i think the biggest difference is simply how you record your video.
Definitely not the same, one is almost a straight pipe after cat, the other is a muffler. Just depends how much research was put into one for optimal HP/sound or whatever. But through all the recordings of both, definitely not the same sound. Again, can't say if one or the other is a bargain because I don't know.

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts

With DB Killer (S1 can)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPB8QaKDGhg

Without
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4JPD2DSQXQ

well I think AR price similarly to Akrapovic why? because they can!

the AR decat pipe is double the price too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Definitely not the same, one is almost a straight pipe after cat, the other is a muffler. Just depends how much research was put into one for optimal HP/sound or whatever. But through all the recordings of both, definitely not the same sound. Again, can't say if one or the other is a bargain because I don't know.
Should have been more clear sorry. I´m comparing the GP-can of SC project to the Austin, neither of which is really a muffler.
They´re two pieces of titanium tube, one of which is twice the price and i just can´t see where twice the money is justified.
There´s gonna be zero difference in horsepower and sound as well with just a slip-on.

status-wise they´re also on the same level, producing exhausts for MotoGP.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Should have been more clear sorry. I´m comparing the GP-can of SC project to the Austin, neither of which is really a muffler.
They´re two pieces of titanium tube, one of which is twice the price and i just can´t see where twice the money is justified.
There´s gonna be zero difference in horsepower and sound as well with just a slip-on.

Gotcha - I'm really waiting for a potential full muffler that isn't just a pipe.

·
Registered
96 Posts

the difference is power loos you have with each muffler. some titanium tubes lose more power then others.

·
Registered
96 Posts
currently not sure how much to believe power graphs from different exhaust manufacturers
true,

spoke yesterday with coober, they have all of them. the guy there told me, they have sign a paper to not publish any data, but between the lines not even one produce hp and some loose more then 15%

·
Top Speed guru
70 Posts
Interesting. Wings claims with the Coober and their muffler a 9.1 hp gain. I was hoping this claim was real. Anybody running this system with an opinion?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts