KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Using the ‘Ignore’ feature on a public forum of enthusiasts is not how you win hearts & minds to your cause..

Side note: Test rode a ‘21 MT09 SP at a Yammi Demo, and it was a pretty sweet ride, (Power, brakes, Handling: KY front fork, Ohlins rear shock), I’d prolly still go for the 890R though. :p
The brakes felt good at initial bite? Nice bike but not sure I could get past that headlight!

·
a d m i n .
151,032 Posts
The brakes worked well! Very nice looking moto IMO.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that “praying msntis look” is areodynsmic, combinef with sngle of headlight. Also carries dome of furl doenblow snd forward. I still lust after trafition se of Norton Commando but tried getting two on the road before handing off yo someone with better knowedge and skills. I notice that young and non-motorcyclist compliment the looks of my orange 790 Duke. I think engine bring visible helps.
I have to say I'm not a fan of the look, but I agree that, whether intentional or unintentional, I do believe that there is some aero benefit. The windblast at 80mph is dead calm compared to my very-conventionally styled '19 Triumph twin, which beats me up, and makes my helmet lift. The riding position is very similar as well, so the difference is surprising

41 - 43 of 43 Posts