KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Hoping to get my new 790 on 1st Sept so can't actually look at one to assess the situation.
Making a slim line Garmin mount for my Zumo but would like to know how easy/hard it is to thread the power lead under/around the tank so as to mount the Garmin powers module under the seat and connect into ACC2 (I think that's the ignition controlled one).
Is this a simple job to do at home or do I leave it to the dealer to do at first service?
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
120 Posts
I can't answer your specific question as I've had no reason to remove the tank.
You could loop it into the ACC2 connection behind the headlamp. That seems very accessible and a shorter distance.
Bottoms Up

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
There are also ACC1 and ACC2 power connectors behind the headlamp. It's all just fiddly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies - the Garmin powersupply is a bit chunky (about 50 x 40 x 25mm) so I want to tuck it away under the seat. On my current bike (Tiger 800) I have plenty of room 'up front' for both sat nag and camera wiring but space is certainly at a premium on the Duke. I will be fitting an MRA screen but still want everything to be neat and tidy..... (it's what you get when you become a 'silver haired biker' LOL)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got round to fitting and wiring in my Garmin and dash cam. Thanks to the various forum posts it was all fairly straightforward. I ran the two cables in some split 10mm flexible conduit, along the left side of the fuel tank and connected to the ACC1 and 2 power connectors (via some short adapter cables) by the side of the battery. Sat nag mount works well and does not interfere with either the dash or ignition switch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts