KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new 2019 last Thursday in orange and I love it! I ordered the rear seat cover and foot peg bracket to clean up the rear, and want to do exhaust and a fender eliminator.

I can’t seem to find much detail about the S1 exhaust (I like the look and sound online). How loud is it? Should I be looking at a Competition Werkes exhaust or Scorpion instead? I refuse to spend $850 USD on a slip on (Akra, though it is pretty).

FWIW - my last bike was a 2010 Street Triple 675 with Leo Vince GP dual undertail exhaust without the DB killers in. I didn't mind the volume and would often ride with earplugs. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The S1 has a removable DB killer. I have this exhaust on my 890 and rode it with and without the Db killer installed. In both instances I don't find the bike too loud and didn't need ear plugs.
I do wear ear plugs on longer trips but they are primarily for the wind noise. I think you will be happy with this exhaust it provides a nice deeper sound and cracks on up-shifts without being too loud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! Good to know it comes with a DB Killer. I’ve seen some conflicting things online.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You don’t feel like it robbed power like some others, do you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
A-AronP. Will the S1 make different on my 790, thinking about power. Read someone feel they loose some power on low rev. But did you feel any dif on yours?

·
Registered
12 Posts
All the independent dyno runs I have seen on the 790 show a 1 hp drop with an aftermarket exhaust (w/o piggy back ECU). Meaning there will be no significant performance difference from exhaust choice (Sc project, Akra (slip on), Yoshimura. It doesn't matter). They are all slip on exhausts that slightly reduce back pressure. As for me, my butt is not calibrated enough to feel a 1 hp loss and the enjoyment gained from a better exhaust note was worth it. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
All the independent dyno runs I have seen on the 790 show a 1 hp drop with an aftermarket exhaust (w/o piggy back ECU). Meaning there will be no significant performance difference from exhaust choice (Sc project, Akra (slip on), Yoshimura. It doesn't matter). They are all slip on exhausts that slightly reduce back pressure. As for me, my butt is not calibrated enough to feel a 1 hp loss and the enjoyment gained from a better exhaust note was worth it. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good feedback👍 I order sc1-r.
Awesome! I really liked the look of the sc1-r but could not tell form the videos if it was loud enough for my preference or if it had a removable db killer. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts.
Oh and my only complaint with the S1 is that the carbon on the can is matte while the carbon on the link pipe is gloss. I'll likely be refinishing mine matte to match.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome! I really liked the look of the sc1-r but could not tell form the videos if it was loud enough for my preference or if it had a removable db killer. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts.
Oh and my only complaint with the S1 is that the carbon on the can is matte while the carbon on the link pipe is gloss. I'll likely be refinishing mine matte to match.
I have seen all youtube film’s and search for one year after the right one. 🥴🤷‍♂️😆. Its hard to hear the sound on camera.
Hope this one what i want. Post a review after install 💨

1 - 10 of 10 Posts