KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a Power Commander 5 from Rottweiler with their custom map mounted for a stock pipe and filter.
Bike seems to fuel better now and has more punch from 4 grand and up. Install was not that bad ,toughest part was figuring out how to remove connectors for the ECU plugs.

·
A d m i n .
151,134 Posts
Just installed a Power Commander 5 from Rottweiler with their custom map mounted for a stock pipe and filter.
Bike seems to fuel better now and has more punch from 4 grand and up. Install was not that bad ,toughest part was figuring out how to remove connectors for the ECU plugs.
Hey Busa, good to see you again. That's great that it bumped up the powah. Did they fix that error light on the dash yet?

·
Registered
96 Posts
few guys got the same issue here with the pcv
After PC and KTM confirmed, that you can not disable the 02 function, and if you unplug it, you disable the drive modes and knock protection, so the guys try to get money back from rottweiler, but no success.

·
Registered
284 Posts
few guys got the same issue here with the pcv
After PC and KTM confirmed, that you can not disable the 02 function, and if you unplug it, you disable the drive modes and knock protection, so the guys try to get money back from rottweiler, but no success.
This is direct from Ktm headquarters?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was just emailing Rottweiler to see if any progress has been made on keeping the check engine light off while using the o2 delete plugs or if they've come up with some fueling dongles. Nothing yet unfortunately. Here is their response:

"There’s no issues with the Power Commander causing any check engine lights to come on. The engine light comes on when using our O2 Dongles. This has to do with the new Bosch engine management system that KTM went to on the 790 Duke and Adventure. This requires a much more sophisticated dongle than previous models of KTM. We got ours to work but they lack the additional fluctuation of resistance that the computer requires in order to keep the light off. So in short, they work but you have to live with the light. You can safely and effectively use a Power Commander without using the dongles but it will only control things outside the closed looped portion of your power band." - Rottweiler Performance

I'm hoping something gets developed for our bikes soon. The 790 Adventures are hitting the streets here in the states now and I'm sure those owners will be looking for solutions too.

·
A d m i n .
151,134 Posts
How does it feel comparatively below 4k? Trying to get a sense if it solves some of those fueling issues.

·
Registered
284 Posts
How does it feel comparatively below 4k? Trying to get a sense if it solves some of those fueling issues.
I’d recommend doing it JD, I had mine custom mapped and was literally like riding a different bike.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m running the map Rottweiler made just for the 790, and fuelling is way better all through the rev range, especially in track mode.

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is direct from Ktm headquarters?
yes, official from KTM France. Using dongles or unplugging the connectors has the same effect.
So the guys who use to run it with pcv all use evo mapping now, it is free, no check engine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts