KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Speedo Angels seems to be having some shipping issues in fulfilling orders to the USA.

If you're in the US Market, you can get TFT screen protectors from Rottweiler now with fairly reasonable USPS shipping. I have one on the way so I'll provide feedback when I've got it.

Edit: not to say you can't buy this if youre not in the US market but other options might be more cost effective considering shipping.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I've had the chance to compare the Rottweiler & Speedo Angels dash protectors in person and can offer a brief comparison. My dash already had some light scuffs from a couple months of use so before installation, I used Meguiars Plasticx polish and stoners invisible glass on the dash.

Product
Rotty's film is a clear soft flexible plastic that is cut precisely to the size of the TFT and has a slight glossy/reflective appearance. You get just the protector w/ a disposable film on the underside of the product. QR code to install instructions. Made by Rotty in California.

The Speedo Angels version is their anti-glare which less flexible and harder plastic film. It's cut slightly undersize to the TFT (but the same shape). It comes with all the install accessories common to most phone/tablet kits. It includes instructions and and 3 protectors with front and back disposable film. Made in China for Speed Angels.

Install
Both products recommend a wet install method.
Just like phone screen protectors, your success is going to come down to how clean you can get the screen and how much dust you have floating in the air, and how careful you are when you're doing the install.

The Rottweiler protector is a more fussy install as the shape is so precise it leaves no room for positioning errors; it covers the screen to the very edge.
The SA version is easier to install but you'll have a narrow gap between the protector and the dash edge, which you may or may not fuss about getting perfectly symmetrical.

Visual
The Rotty looks a lot like the stock dash when it's clean and polished. It's appearance is similar w/r/t glare.
SA initially looks like it might be too opaque but when the dash is lit, it's easily visible with a matte appearance which cuts glare but as a consequence the dash isn't as sharp and bright as the Rottweiler.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Appreciate the comparison, thank you. Have a 'building' order (#3) for Rottweiler I need to finish up this week to get things shipping and will add a couple of these to the cart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts