KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
I thought I was done, but I just ordered the +20 Ergo Seat the other day.
Today, I was at Rottweiler and saw Chris, the owner, test fitting the 790 Adventure Intake from his race bike in a 890 Duke R. This is just the first step, and it will need to be adapted to the 790/890 Dukes. Still, I’m pretty stoked. He said it gains power across the rpm range but gives an honest 7 hp in the midrange. If it’s like the adventure version, there will be both plastic and carbon fiber versions. Very cool! View attachment 6448 View attachment 6449 View attachment 6450
have you heard anything recently Evans ? Last they said to me was early in the new year, they obviously didn’t mean 2022 🤷‍♂️

·
VIP member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
have you heard anything recently Evans ? Last they said to me was early in the new year, they obviously didn’t mean 2022 🤷‍♂️
When I last talked with Chris, he said the parts had arrived but he still needed to fine tune the maps. He also said he was slammed and was trying to make time to do it. He's always full throttle on a bazillion projects.

·
Registered
550 Posts
When I last talked with Chris, he said the parts had arrived but he still needed to fine tune the maps. He also said he was slammed and was trying to make time to do it. He's always full throttle on a bazillion projects.
yeah it seems they’ve loads going on, just surprised it’s taking so long after the adventure one was released.
just as well I like the 790 I might actually still own it when they’re released.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah my impression is the Duke market is probably very small $$ wise compared to the ADV market so that’s where the time and energy is being spent. Will be great to see what they come up with for us 890r for a total package! My 66yr old dad just one upped me and got a Tuono… might need a little more giddyup to keep him in sight!

·
Registered
201 Posts
the 890 is way faster then a tuono v4 unless your slabbing it on the freeway

I sold my tuono v4 for the 890r and feel like I can run circles around my old tuono

I am also waiting on rottweilers powercommander fueling maps for the 890r

·
Registered
390 Posts
the 890 is way faster then a tuono v4 unless your slabbing it on the freeway

I sold my tuono v4 for the 890r and feel like I can run circles around my old tuono

I am also waiting on rottweilers powercommander fueling maps for the 890r
I am Very happy with the 890r in almost all aspects but there’s a bit of a torque hole around 5000rpm I’d like to fill in, was thinking that that intake at Rotty PCV map would cap off this bike nicely! I think your right about the 890 vs Tuono, it’s an amazing machine and my dad loves all the electronic wizardry but I think the 890r is hard to beat as a street bike that likes to party in the corners.

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
I am still on the 790. The PCV and RW map worked wonders for getting the bike to be much more smooth and responsive, everywhere. It serves its purpose.

Reactions: Rick

·
Registered
305 Posts
I am still on the 790. The PCV and RW map worked wonders for getting the bike to be much more smooth and responsive, everywhere. It serves its purpose.
Which map are you running? I have the open muffler race map on mine, not sure if I have the range now to do our usual weekend run. I could do it on 9L before, out and back 200km. I turned back barely halfway and filled up 7-8L.

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
Which map are you running? I have the open muffler race map on mine, not sure if I have the range now to do our usual weekend run. I could do it on 9L before, out and back 200km. I turned back barely halfway and filled up 7-8L.
790 Duke (19+) Stock Intake / Open Muffler - RACE MAP

I don't think I have a huge drop in MPG. It really depends more on the ride. The map is actually leaner in some situations. I easily get low 60s (MPG) when easy on the gas and can drop well below 50 if I am pushing.

Reactions: Rick

·
Registered
305 Posts
790 Duke (19+) Stock Intake / Open Muffler - RACE MAP

I don't think I have a huge drop in MPG. It really depends more on the ride. The map is actually leaner in some situations. I easily get low 60s (MPG) when easy on the gas and can drop well below 50 if I am pushing.
Same map then. My test ride had traffic so I couldn't go my usual pace. I had a RapidBike Easy module maxed before putting in the PCV so I thought maybe the fuel trims were causing it. Hooking up my scanner showed zero in the trims, but maybe the long term trims aren't shown. I may need to zero the PCV map and reconnect my O2's and go for a ride, but they're wrapped and sealed under the tank so it'd be a butt to redo.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Same map then. My test ride had traffic so I couldn't go my usual pace. I had a RapidBike Easy module maxed before putting in the PCV so I thought maybe the fuel trims were causing it. Hooking up my scanner showed zero in the trims, but maybe the long term trims aren't shown. I may need to zero the PCV map and reconnect my O2's and go for a ride, but they're wrapped and sealed under the tank so it'd be a butt to redo.
If your O2 sensors are plugged what would the computer be reading in order to make a long term fuel trim adjustment? If your running a fuel table without O2 sensors your in open loop and I doubt the ecm can make LFT changes.

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
I may need to zero the PCV map and reconnect my O2's and go for a ride, but they're wrapped and sealed under the tank so it'd be a butt to redo.
I wouldn't. Almost like a full install.

·
Registered
305 Posts
If your O2 sensors are plugged what would the computer be reading in order to make a long term fuel trim adjustment? If your running a fuel table without O2 sensors your in open loop and I doubt the ecm can make LFT changes.
Not make LTFT changes, but still have false LTFT values from the fuel module I had in before. Some ECU's clear ST/LTFT data on a code clear command so I did that after that ride.

·
Registered
2020 Duke 890 R
71 Posts
Will you be using OpenFlash and not the PCV? Is Rotty going to collab with Shiv on a flash + intake system? That makes more sense than the PCV (IMO) - I've had my car flashed in a similar manner. Cracking the stock ECU's isn't really on the Up 'n Up but the sniffer seems to not care since they are still running well within the state requirements.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Which state do you live in USA that actually smogs motorcycles? With a sniffer up the exhaust is that what your saying? Also I had flashtunes og module back in 2009-2010 flashing r1 and r6 before they became as big as they are now

·
Registered
2020 Duke 890 R
71 Posts
Which state do you live in USA that actually smogs motorcycles? With a sniffer up the exhaust is that what your saying? Also I had flashtunes og module back in 2009-2010 flashing r1 and r6 before they became as big as they are now
I meant with my cage - it still gets sniffed and still has its OE smog equipment, but is flashed.

·
Premium Member
2019 790 duke
28 Posts
I have spent many hours looking at photos of the prototype 790 duke, mainly for hopes to create my own replica of the exhaust one day. In my observation I was specifically focusing on figuring out what KTM and kiska designed for the intake system of the prototype and doing so it seems that they designed the damn near exact replica of what rotweiller has done for the adventure models. Except without the box surrounding the foam intake. I discovered this in a kiska video posted on YouTube or vimeo, can't recall exactly, where they had video stills of the prototype 790duke without the custom race seat installed showing how the intake system connected to the engine. After all, this was my major concern when planning what to do with this area if the exhaust was underseat. With this in mind couldn't one purchase the rotweiller adventure system and use just the foam filter and vortex pipe thingy aka intake pipe with just minimal modification to stock airbox if any and it would work? Or am I assuming this to be too easy

·
VIP member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Will you be using OpenFlash and not the PCV? Is Rotty going to collab with Shiv on a flash + intake system? That makes more sense than the PCV (IMO) - I've had my car flashed in a similar manner. Cracking the stock ECU's isn't really on the Up 'n Up but the sniffer seems to not care since they are still running well within the state requirements.
When I test the Rottweiler Kit, I will be using their PCV maps. Later, I plan on doing a comparison between the PCV and FlashTune to see which is better.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts