KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
VIP member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I was at Rottweiler and saw Chris, the owner, test fitting the 790 Adventure Intake from his race bike in a 890 Duke R. This is just the first step, and it will need to be adapted to the 790/890 Dukes. Still, I’m pretty stoked. He said it gains power across the rpm range but gives an honest 7 hp in the midrange. If it’s like the adventure version, there will be both plastic and carbon fiber versions. Very cool!

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
A note for EU guys. There is a strong chance that if the foam is visible from the outside - it will fail an EU MoT. Esp EU5 (890's)
You'd want to add some wire mesh/grill in the side openings at least. Unless of course RW has that in hand. Their ADV kit has an outer airbox shell which hides the foam.

I say this from experience - It is TYPICALLY classed as a POWER ENHANCEMENT mod (and twould also seem to be one in this case).
Here in Spain - I have seen bikes fail for having a K&N or UNI fitted. Even - and this is laughable - bikes that were made/sold with open bellmouths.

I also remember reading about a similar kit on the German speaking forum. And that had created issues for owners because the filter could be seen.

·
VIP member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the results on the 790 Duke, hopefully they will do dyno runs with and without mapping.

There was a chap on one of the German forums playing around with intakes on the 790 and he got some pretty impressive gains.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Anyon tried this Rottweiler Performance Power Plate - KTM 790/890 Duke ?

Guess a light version of the one shown in first post. Does it require remapping/PCV to get any gain and avoid running to lean?
I have a similar thing that comes with the COOBER piggyback ECU box. After some comparison runs - I refitted the OEM cover. It may on paper achieve "something" - but for my riding it actually felt worse. The OEM airbox is a complex Helmholz design and the open tops screw with it. It will makes things seem better in one place - but also affects other areas.

A similar effect can be obtained for free - if you want to try.

·
Registered
KTM 890 Duke R (SOLD)
92 Posts
I have a similar thing that comes with the COOBER piggyback ECU box. After some comparison runs - I refitted the OEM cover. It may on paper achieve "something" - but for my riding it actually felt worse. The OEM airbox is a complex Helmholz design and the open tops screw with it. It will makes things seem better in one place - but also affects other areas.

A similar effect can be obtained for free - if you want to try.
OK, very useful info, thanks (y)Every time buy a bike I promise not to spend money on tuning, it's good enough like it is. But always end up with airfilter system, slip-on and dyno job :cautious: We'll see, better do some riding first at least, "if it works, don't fix it" is often a good rule.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts