KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just bought an 890 R on Saturday and was thinking of decatting but have hear that it further leans the air/fuel resulting in it running poorly. Did you add an Akra map or something else to correct this or did you not experience any issues? TY.

·
Registered
14 Posts
And how do you feel it? What are your buttdyno sensations? I am waiting for delivery on mine with my full akra and akra map.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And how do you feel it? What are your buttdyno sensations? I am waiting for delivery on mine with my full akra and akra map.
Didn't feel any power gains from the exhaust. My butt dyno can't pick up a horse or two. My eardrums certainly feel it. HAVE to run the DB killer, even with earplugs, or you'll have a splitting headache. Bike lost about 5#, although it's down low so not gonna be noticeable either.

·
Super Moderator
'20 Street Triple 765
639 Posts
Didn't feel any power gains from the exhaust. My butt dyno can't pick up a horse or two. My eardrums certainly feel it. HAVE to run the DB killer, even with earplugs, or you'll have a splitting headache. Bike lost about 5#, although it's down low so not gonna be noticeable either.
I see Yosh is claiming (link below) that for their new AT2 slip on they see a 1.5hp and 1.2ft lb gain from stock which they claim is 119hp and 73ft lbs on their test bike.

Also - from what I've seen, the Cat and slip on combo usually drops around 7-8lbs in total - pretty large decrease.

I'm betting with a pony more and 8lbs less it's noticeable on the butt dyno but not nearly as much as it is on the eardrums - that SC Project is LOUD! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts