KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 790 is slightly jumpy we all know that when I first got the bike I had it in rain mode for about 10 minutes, then I switched the street mode for a couple days okay not bad. I switched in to sport for a couple weeks and that was better, I ride around town a lot and yes it was slightly jumpy, and the gears seem slightly crunchy. I've been riding in track mode with track throttle response for a couple days now it seems like the bike loves it, maybe the throttle response is fighting it. I'm not sure but it runs like butter in track mode around town for me, maybe I'm crazy And no I don't hammer it but here and there I'm still in break in mode for another 20 miles (first service coming up soon yee ha!) I'm curious to see what you all think.

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
282 Posts
I'm at about 2500 miles now on a 2020 790 D. I've been experimenting with ride modes a lot.
I do very little riding in town or traffic. When I am in town I like Street mode.
I'm usually in Sport mode until I can get out into the country then I like Track Mode with the slip set to 4 or Sport.
Recently I took my longest yet interstate hop. Sport mode was nice for that but I bet Street would've been just as good if not better.
We are all different and preferences will illustrate those differences. I bet we can all agree the 790 D sure is a fun bike!
Bottoms Up

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally broke 620 mi waited a couple more pulled over check the shift lights automatically reset to 9000 and 9500 and poof if I'm not mistaken the Rev limiters gone she took me for a ride this time but I'm not pushing it without changing the oil. Love track mode, so smooth (to me anyway) Peace everybody...!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Coming from the Svartpilen 401 (loved it) I don't think I've really done much above 6k RPM and still been impressed. Taking her in tomorrow for the first service. Can't wait to see what's she's got between 6500 and 9500RPM! :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.