KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corbin has brought out a replacement seat for the 790 Duke. A ride report - comfort, ease of hanging off, height compared to stock, forward tilt (pictures look good for no tilt but you can't be sure how it will feel) would be great.

I had a Corbin on my CBR600 RR and really liked it, so I'm inclined to buy one for my Duke over the KTM seat.

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
282 Posts
I was riding for 7 hours today minus a stop to eat a PB-n- J, drink some water and check the map. Toward the end I needed to stand on the pegs a little. I bet a Corbin seat would help with that.
Bottoms Up!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was riding for 7 hours today minus a stop to eat a PB-n- J, drink some water and check the map. Toward the end I needed to stand on the pegs a little. I bet a Corbin seat would help with that.
Bottoms Up!
Wow. I can't get 45 minutes on the street before my back side is crying for mercy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got out for a 3.5 hour ride today on my new Corbin seat. With the stock seat after a half hour I would have been moving my feet to the passenger pegs for a minute every five and to the frame sliders for a minute every ten and stopping for a break every hour, just to make it bearable. The Corbin didn't feel all that great when I first sat on it, unlike the Corbin I got for my CBR600RR - that was a night-and-day difference from the first minute. However, the Corbin for my 790 turned out to be very good. I took two short breaks during the ride and moved my feet to the passenger pegs three or four times just to ensure my butt didn't start to ache, but that was probably unnecessary. It felt like I could continue for another 3.5 hours without getting any pain.

At my height and inseam - 6 feet and 31 inches - I sit on the front part of the seat. That area has excellent padding and no slope (and nothing to interfere with hanging off). However, the rear part of the seat seems to have less padding as I can feel the seat pan through the padding, and it slopes forward a bit. A person with longer legs and arms likely wouldn't be all that comfortable sitting toward the rear of the seat.

I got the seal in all black and it looks fine. (I agree with some of the posts above that Corbin has some bizarre ideas about adding color to their seats, but there's no requirement to do that if you don't want to.) The black is a bit darker than the stock passenger seat, but not enough to be a stark contrast.

A couple of quibbles: The rear brackets needing bending to fit the bolt holes. At the rear, the sides of the seat press down pretty hard on the frame rails, as there is nothing else to support the sides of the seat. If I sat back there I imagine the fabric would wear through eventually. I think the brackets should be set a bit lower so the seat could sit higher (or the sides should be shorter) and there should be a couple rubber bumpers to hold the seat off the frame rails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.