KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I’m doing a “Welcome To Summer Run” on Sunday March 29th 2020.

It will start in Peterborough Services (junction of A1 & A605) Meeting at 09:00 for a 09:30 start.
It will run up through Lincolnshire to Brigg & back down to Peterborough with lunch & tea breaks & of course fuel stops.
It is 206 miles. Finish time about 16:30.

This is a regular run (WTSR for short) which has been going for many years with bikes of all breed/colour/size, so all are welcome.

We run the “drop off” system of control with me at the front & Rob (Tail End Charlie) at the back. It’s a great system & allows for different speeds/styles of riding without leaving anyone behind. You can look up the detail by searching drop off system on the web, but it is really simple & easy to follow (pun intended!)

There are currently 12 attendees, so don’t be shy & let’s show people how good the 790 Duke is 😀

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hi All

We run the “drop off” system of control with me at the front & Rob (Tail End Charlie) at the back. It’s a great system & allows for different speeds/styles of riding without leaving anyone behind. You can look up the detail by searching drop off system on the web, but it is really simple & easy to follow (pun intended!
We run the "drop off" system on our IAM social rides in NZ. As you say, it works like a charm and allows everyone to make good progress without them feeling pressured in any way. Keeps everyone's interest up too. Good call!

I used to ride in that area a lot when I lived in the UK a lifetime ago!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts