KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been to 2 main dealers, multiple 3rd party mechanics and every online provider I can find, it seems that KTM Duke Clutches are neigh on impossible to find.
I've looked for KTM and aftermarket such as recluse and EBC, seems getting important parts are very difficult. It seems that the last disc damaged as well as the pressure plate and all the rest were fine. Anyone had clutch problems and know where to find one IN stock. Been trying to get one for 2 months. Everyone tries to order it from the manufacturer but they never arrive, always promising another week. Anyone know of clutch problems and also where to find them available? Cheers
KTM 790 Duke black Europe 2019 Clutch
63532005000 Clutch Springs X3
63532041000 Spring Covers X3
63532003000 PRESSURE PLATE
63532011010 DISC PACK

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi All,

I've been to 2 main dealers, multiple 3rd party mechanics and every online provider I can find, it seems that KTM Duke Clutches are neigh on impossible to find.
I've looked for KTM and aftermarket such as recluse and EBC, seems getting important parts are very difficult. It seems that the last disc damaged as well as the pressure plate and all the rest were fine. Anyone had clutch problems and know where to find one IN stock. Been trying to get one for 2 months. Everyone tries to order it from the manufacturer but they never arrive, always promising another week. Anyone know of clutch problems and also where to find them available? Cheers
KTM 790 Duke black Europe 2019 Clutch
63532005000 Clutch Springs X3
63532041000 Spring Covers X3
63532003000 PRESSURE PLATE
63532011010 DISC PACK
Newfren and Recluse make aftermarket clutch plates. 890 clutch plates also fit the 790 if they are available.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Newfren and Recluse make aftermarket clutch plates. 890 clutch plates also fit the 790 if they are available.
Sorry, you did mention Recluse (in stock here in Australia through dirt bike dealers as clutch is the same as Adventure models). There were some clutch failures on 790 Adventures, probably related to dirt bike usage but pretty rare on Dukes. From all accounts there have been a few failures with blocked clutch oil jets but what is really critical is making sure there is sufficient free play at the clutch lever.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, you did mention Recluse (in stock here in Australia through dirt bike dealers as clutch is the same as Adventure models). There were some clutch failures on 790 Adventures, probably related to dirt bike usage but pretty rare on Dukes. From all accounts there have been a few failures with blocked clutch oil jets but what is really critical is making sure there is sufficient free play at the clutch lever.
Thanks Paul, I really appreciate your response. I did get in touch with Recluse. Here in the UK, they are on back order and out of stock. I've ordered from a few different sites, I guess I'll see which comes first. Many thanks!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Maybe there are more knackered 790Adv clutches than you thought. Mine was okay but the owner's forum was full of guys burning them out when used off road. Not heard of a problem with the Duke. Shame they use the same one - you may be suffering due to a problem with other bikes 🙄

·
Registered
790 Duke 2020
167 Posts
Barnett still list springs and clutch plate components for the Duke, but not baskets.

I have emailed Surflex in Italy asking them if they have anything suitable for the Dukes. They were the "Go-To" clutches for Norton Commandos, since they were so good. I will post again when they respond.

Reactions: DStarr
1 - 8 of 8 Posts