KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have the bracket arriving today to hold the exhaust and remove the passenger pegs. My question is what to do in the left side when I remove the peg. Do I just put the factory screws back in? Is it really that simple, or will they stick out a bit, and I should get shorter screws?

Just waiting on UPS! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I have the bracket arriving today to hold the exhaust and remove the passenger pegs. My question is what to do in the left side when I remove the peg. Do I just put the factory screws back in? Is it really that simple, or will they stick out a bit, and I should get shorter screws?

Just waiting on UPS! :)
If you ordered the PP bracket, it comes with the needed bolts and washers for left and right sides.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I didnt order the PP part, git one from revzilla. Is it ok to leave them out of the other side? Hadnt considered that. Appreciate the responses.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys, just looping back around for the next person that has this question. It went without a hitch. While the bracket I got on Revzilla (evotech?) came with screws for the muffler side, I just put the original screws back on the left side of the bike. They went right back in and look fine. If you're not going to carry a passenger, I highly recommend removing them. It cleans up the look in my opinion, and shaves 7lbs off the bike. Thanks again for all the replies above. Ride safe guys.

Sorry for the crappy pics.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive exhaust
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hacksaw, then rubber plugs to cover the ends. Still something to anchor back bag and looks much cleaner. JMHO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks guys. I didnt order the PP part, git one from revzilla. Is it ok to leave them out of the other side? Hadnt considered that. Appreciate the responses.
Hey do you mind sharing what you got from Revzilla, I'm searching their site and scratching my head as I don't know what will fit my Akra Exhaust..?

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
521 Posts
I thought about removing my pax pegs but sure am glad I did not.

Two good reasons not to remove them.

1. They provide a good spot to fasten my straps when I take my duffel bag for an overnight trip.

2. This is the big one, crash protection or if you happen to drop your bike in the garage like I did yesterday. I was sitting on it with the side stand retracted and forgot to put the stand back down. When I leaned over to get off she just kept on going along with me. Lucky I did not get hurt as I just missed my welder and floor jacks. Got away with just some bruised ribs and a deflated ego.

Damage to the bike? Left bar end weight, bottom of left engine case, and left pax peg slightly marked. The biggest deal was a slightly bent shift lever. Damage would have been much worse without the pax peg bracket on the bike. Just saying.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
This is the big one, crash protection or if you happen to drop your bike in the garage like I did yesterday.
Get the little rubber bump protectors for the rear pegs. Crash Bars - :p
And it seems the bicycle owner is picking up on bad habits. ;)

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
521 Posts
Get the little rubber bump protectors for the rear pegs. Crash Bars - :p
And it seems the bicycle owner is picking up on bad habits. ;)
I am getting read for Laam Custom Seats to do my seat.

Thinking I will have him add some additional height to the seat for less knee bend when riding. My old tired knees don't like being cramped.

So I was stacking some padding under my butt while sitting on the bike to try and find the magic number on how much extra height to add. The side stand was getting in the way so I retracted it then forgot to put in back down as I attempted to get off the bike. I leaned to the left expecting to feel the stand take over and you know the rest of the story.

Fortunately there was little damage to the bike...but I am pretty beat up. Ribs on my left side are really sore and man it hurts to sneeze or cough.

Sucks being me sometimes. 💩

·
Registered
277 Posts
I thought about removing my pax pegs but sure am glad I did not.

Two good reasons not to remove them.

1. They provide a good spot to fasten my straps when I take my duffel bag for an overnight trip.

2. This is the big one, crash protection or if you happen to drop your bike in the garage like I did yesterday. I was sitting on it with the side stand retracted and forgot to put the stand back down. When I leaned over to get off she just kept on going along with me. Lucky I did not get hurt as I just missed my welder and floor jacks. Got away with just some bruised ribs and a deflated ego.

Damage to the bike? Left bar end weight, bottom of left engine case, and left pax peg slightly marked. The biggest deal was a slightly bent shift lever. Damage would have been much worse without the pax peg bracket on the bike. Just saying.

View attachment 7741
I dropped this one about a month ago going too slow around the corner geometry got me so I feel you on the ribs I heard and felt a couple pops when I went down on my side landed on my arm damn it hurts like a ***** know the number is not a coincidence

1 - 17 of 17 Posts