KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 KTM 790 Duke
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has removed theor o2 sensors??

did you have to remove anything else. i cant seem to find a position for the spanner to loosen them for the life of me??

what is that black cube thing near them. can i take that off first. is it full of oil?

Thank in Advance

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you go down this path, you might have a harder time selling the bike later. I passed on a bike with these type of mods earlier. Personally, I don’t think it’s worth it.

·
VIP member
458 Posts
Who has removed theor o2 sensors??

did you have to remove anything else. i cant seem to find a position for the spanner to loosen them for the life of me??

what is that black cube thing near them. can i take that off first. is it full of oil?

Thank in Advance
If you don’t know the answer to these questions, I humbly suggest that maybe you shouldn’t attempt the modification.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Once the guy told me that the quick-shifter no longer works, and the check-engine light notification is on constantly, I passed on the deal. I think it would make more sense if you sell the bike and get the 890. Don't do it.... :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think he is asking if it can be removed for accessing to the actual O2 plugs, momentarily, not definitely.

·
Registered
2018 KTM 790 Duke
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think he is asking if it can be removed for accessing to the actual O2 plugs, momentarily, not definitely.
yes thank you...

if i wanted to be told off i would have asked my mum.

how else are we meant to learn if not by trying it ourselves.

i have already got a PCV with mapping, i understand the pros and cons...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Once the guy told me that the quick-shifter no longer works, and the check-engine light notification is on constantly, I passed on the deal. I think it would make more sense if you sell the bike and get the 890. Don't do it.... :)
Check engine doesn't prevent qs from working. His qs issues were not related to o2 removal

·
Registered
30 Posts
First question is why remove them?
The "black thing" is an oil cooler - do not touch.
Looking at the bike, if I was doing it, I would loosen the pipes via the 4 bolts behind the radiator and break the pipe join under the rhs footrest and then you should be able to let the pipes swing forward enough without removing them to undo the sensors with an open end spanner.
As I said before don't touch or damage the "black thing"

·
Registered
30 Posts
Almost forgot, you will have to remove the tank to disconnect the O2 sensor leads and do not touch the part of the O2 sensor that sits inside the exhaust, it may not work properly again.

·
Registered
2018 KTM 790 Duke
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the tips. I want to remove them to see how different the race map is on then PCV.

I guess I could just unplug them first. Run it like that for a while to see how i like it.

I have a decat and like the race map as it has best a/f ratios

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have done what you are contemplating and I would do it again. Rottweiler PVC race tune, Rottweiler air filter, de-cat, stock pipe thing just rips top to bottom. As soon as I hit the starter it fires, also have a lithium battery.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have done what you are contemplating and I would do it again. Rottweiler PVC race tune, Rottweiler air filter, de-cat, stock pipe thing just rips top to bottom. As soon as I hit the starter it fires, also have a lithium battery.
Same except sc project. No more weird idle and start and die stuff. No choppy throttle and yes rips entire rpm range

1 - 14 of 14 Posts