KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post and introduction.
Currently own a couple of bikes, a hybrid yam 350LC, old, like me, and well modded CCM 404 SM, and the newest one, a CCM spitfire flat tracker . Most of the USA based guys are now going "what's one of them? "

What it is, is not being used, so I decided to look for something else, which i would ride more often. I used to own a 990 superduke many years ago, wonderful engine, and I got drawn towards these twin cylinder Duke's.

Bit of a gadget tart, so wanted the R version, with electronic toys, so today I've done a very good deal on a 21model year (22 not available, and dealer thinks its just colours are changed) Duke 890R, with tech pack thrown in, pretty chuffed, as at 56, this is actually my very first brand new bike I've ever purchased.
So its going for its PDI in the next day or so, and then being delivered soon, hopefully get some dry ish days to get it run in before summer kicks in (if it does)

Done lots of reading of this forum over the last few nights, but ill soon be asking for the best deals on exhausts and tail tidys, as those two I have to change.

·
Registered
204 Posts
See if you can get them to throw in the cruise control and heated grips at a good price. Normally much cheaper when fitted before delivery/during prep. Cc is a must have imo and heated grips are handy when needed.
I also just ordered the Bluetooth connectivity unit for mine. Not the most user friendly add-on but best way to control music/navigation playback/volume.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Welcome - Run the begger in before worrying "too much" about slip-ons and stuff. A CCM it is not!.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See if you can get them to throw in the cruise control and heated grips at a good price. Normally much cheaper when fitted before delivery/during prep. Cc is a must have imo and heated grips are handy when needed.
I also just ordered the Bluetooth connectivity unit for mine. Not the most user friendly add-on but best way to control music/navigation playback/volume.
To be honest, I can't think of a situation in the UK, when riding a bike, cruise control would be needed, roads are never straight and long enough, only use it rarely in the car on a motorway, bikes not going to see one of those.
Heated grips is a possible thought, as its not exactly warm here, but again I don't think I'd need it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome Rigga!
Echo what wishiwasfaster said. It's a blast & you'll love it. You may find the stock tyres a bit of a handful in a British winter. I had to change to Metzeler sportecs after my first ride in the wet.
Stay safe
Rob

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
To be honest, I can't think of a situation in the UK, when riding a bike, cruise control would be needed, roads are never straight and long enough, only use it rarely in the car on a motorway, bikes not going to see one of those.
tbh - based on my last visits to the UK (pre COVID) - a second short ratio gearbox would be more use.

I would have liked a CCM - but no chance here. Even less so post BREXIT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts