KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To my knowledge there are 2 recalls and software update as we speak for the 790

software as most of us know has move from 17 to 20, with good comments regarding smoother running and better quick shifting function

Hardware recalls
1/ a number of bikes have been delivered with engine bolts that are too short these are checked and changed as needed (mine did not need changing)

2/ Water thermostat is replaced with a new thermostat that opens at a different temperature (mine was replaced)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for that, update noted. Booking up it’s first service Monday as getting near 600 miles, about one ride out left, all is well so far.
No apparent ‘issues’ to report thankfully.

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that, update noted. Booking up it’s first service Monday as getting near 600 miles, about one ride out left, all is well so far.
No apparent ‘issues’ to report thankfully.

seems most people have not had any problems

a few reported oil leaks from bottom of engine, water leaks mostly from thermostat area, poor starting and running seems to be all of it

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had my service on the 21st of November and they swapped the bolts holding the rear frame with newer ones and went from medium to hard Loctite on these bolts.
I was already on 20 with the software (bike purchased mid-September)

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had my service on the 21st of November and they swapped the bolts holding the rear frame with newer ones and went from medium to hard Loctite on these bolts.
I was already on 20 with the software (bike purchased mid-September)
software 1.00 is newer than you have

1 - 6 of 6 Posts