KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Top Speed guru
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys using for a stand to get the rear wheel in the air to service the chain, etc.? Had a Pit Bull for my Gixxer 1000 but was thinking there might be something more specific for the Duke. Please include pics if you have any. Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
What are you guys using for a stand to get the rear wheel in the air to service the chain, etc.?
Using my trusty "no name" paddock stand I bought for $50! It can be used either with bobbins or with rubber covered brackets that sit under either side of the swingarm. Although I thought bobbins would be more stable, until I get some I'm using the brackets, and it sits solid as a rock.

·
Super-Moderator
366 Posts
also got ABBA, just got the adapter for the 790

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
What are you guys using for a stand to get the rear wheel in the air to service the chain, etc.? Had a Pit Bull for my Gixxer 1000 but was thinking there might be something more specific for the Duke. Please include pics if you have any. Thanks.
I purchased the KTM rear stand, this is a universal stand suitable for almost all standard two arm swinging arm motorcycles

·
Top Speed guru
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does the KTM stand fit to bolt-on spools or go under the swingarm? Prefer the spool design myself, but open still...

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
This is my ABBA stand in use with my GSX-S 1000, complete with the attachment for lifting both wheels of the deck simultaneously. so pleased that adapters for the 790 are available already. These stands seem to be available pretty much anywhere in the world.

Attachments

·
Super-Moderator
717 Posts
Just using my standard front and rear stands. Same I used for my RC8 and ZX6-R. Just add rear spools and you should be golden.

·
a d m i n .
151,148 Posts
Just using my standard front and rear stands. Same I used for my RC8 and ZX6-R. Just add rear spools and you should be golden.
Agreed, been using the same set of PitBulls for 20 somethin' years.

·
VIP member
472 Posts
I’ve been using my Two Brothers Racing stands for almost 20 years, too. I don’t think they even sell them anymore.

·
a d m i n .
151,148 Posts
I’ve been using my Two Brothers Racing stands for almost 20 years, too. I don’t think they even sell them anymore.
If they've lasted 20 years, I'm going to guess the Erion brother made them. :wink:

·
Super-Moderator
717 Posts
Pieces of coated, bent steel pipe. Give them some love and they will last forever.

Some history there, EvansB2.

Reactions: EvansB2
1 - 20 of 22 Posts