KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , i am looking at an after market rear shock , and being heavy boned 16.5 stone jockey i am after as much advice as possible , i was looking at : Maxton, nitron, k tech razor etc cheers Ray

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All can be sprung to suit your weight so more a case of which one takes your fancy.
Cheers , i just wondered what shock was best VFM , with such a variety of choice ,and options out there , knowing my luck i will go for the wrong one , so just wanting to hear about riders experiences and opinions

·
Registered
480 Posts
Cheers , i just wondered what shock was best VFM , with such a variety of choice ,and options out there , knowing my luck i will go for the wrong one , so just wanting to hear about riders experiences and opinions
I recon you’ve named the best ones out there, vfm probably k-tech which is what I have on mine. Nitron and maxton I think are more expensive but good kit as well.
i had Nitron on a cbr600 and rated it highly.
i had the Öhlins on my first 790 and didn’t think much of it tbh.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ktech with remote reservoir is £594 from Brooks suspension and i think i will go for that one, as i am fed up with getting a thump up the rear , when i least expect it and being distracted by looking out for dodgy road surfaces , thanks for the heads up

·
The 'other' Long Islander..
300 Posts
Go with whatever has the most support locally for you, I chose the WP Apex Pro Suspension.

·
Super Moderator
1,448 Posts
WP/Ohlins/Nitron, and others. All have their pros and cons. I chose Nitron. All can be sprung and valved for your accurate weight.

I would agree that support is a very important factor. They are all good brands.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ohlins with remote resevoir was my choice on rear and ohlins cartridges up front. Anything you go with will be much much better than the 1980's stock shock

·
Registered
122 Posts
I didnt think the forks were terrible stock, the rear shock with preload wound up did some unsophisticated stuff.

Yet to be fitted I have Mupo Caliber cartridges and Ohlins non piggy back. Pretty cheap tbh

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm pretty tickled with the Penske I have. Twin clicker model with remote res. I'm a 300 pound pig without my leathers so it has a dump truck spring on it.
I also installed cartridges in the forks with some stiff springs as well.
I will say it is awesome on the track and mostly way too stiff for the street. I ride 98% track 2% street so I deal with it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not yet, bike has been under a blanket. Its pretty wet and soggy around here so we're all playing with dirt bikes.

I went through an Italian online shop called Moto racing shop.
The shock I got from WRS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts