KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!, Just wondering if I should change my preload or just leave it at factory mid setting, I'm 90kgs no pillion.

Cheers 馃榿

Registered
Anyone know what weight it's set for in the standard setting? Wondering if I should attempt to change it or just leave as is

Registered
Anyone know what weight it's set for in the standard setting? Wondering if I should attempt to change it or just leave as is
Stock suspension is progressive springs, and suits riders between 75-85kgs. The only adjustment is preload, and when i had my bike on stock suspension i added 2 extra clicks on the ramp style preload from stock I'm around 78kg. lighter riders may need a click less than stock.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm only 63.5kg (140lbs) so I am currently looking for a suspension shop to modify the forks and shocks for my weight.
I'm going to do the same for fork I think.
The previous owner was around 75kg and he said he got the oil weight changed in the fork to better suit

Registered
The last time I had a guy increased the fork oil weight of my FZ1000R back in 1990, I had the first and only worse track day of my life at Willows Spring, CA. I was 127 lbs at the time. The forks wouldn't move! Shortly after that day, I gave up street riding and went 100% off-road until 18 months ago. Thank you, FZ07 and 790 Duke for making it fun again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts