KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In one of the new rider threads it was asked for the size of the bolts for the grab handle. As was posted, the bolt size is M8x50mm. I know some of you guys got the shorted bolts from the dealer, but I am wondering what the size of the shorter bolts are? With the handle removed, is it an M8x30mm? Can anyone measure one?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ground mine down with an angle grinder so I don't know anymore :grin::grin::grin:

·
The 'other' Long Islander..
242 Posts
In one of the new rider threads it was asked for the size of the bolts for the grab handle. As was posted, the bolt size is M8x50mm. I know some of you guys got the shorted bolts from the dealer, but I am wondering what the size of the shorter bolts are? With the handle removed, is it an M8x30mm? Can anyone measure one?
Anyone ever figure this out? I would like to remove the grab handle but don’t want bolts sticking way out.

·
242 Posts
Anyone ever figure this out? I would like to remove the grab handle but don’t want bolts sticking way out.
Found out that the bolts in the briefcase that came with the bike are shorter ones for the grab handle! Going to try installing them tonight!
https://www.790dukeforum.com/forum/113-ktm-790-duke-general-discussion/526-grab-handle-question.html

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found out that the bolts in the briefcase that came with the bike are shorter ones for the grab handle! Going to try installing them tonight!
https://www.790dukeforum.com/forum/113-ktm-790-duke-general-discussion/526-grab-handle-question.html

LOL!!! that still doeesn't answer the question at hand! I ended up guessing the size. I bought 25mm and 30mm lengths. I haven't tried them yet though as I do like the grab handle on there.

GL did you ever remove it? Pics? Did you happen to measure the length of the bolt before you installed them?

·
242 Posts
LOL!!! that still doeesn't answer the question at hand! I ended up guessing the size. I bought 25mm and 30mm lengths. I haven't tried them yet though as I do like the grab handle on there.

GL did you ever remove it? Pics? Did you happen to measure the length of the bolt before you installed them?
I ended up not removing it because I realized how useful that grab bar is for moving the bike around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts