KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Elvis has LTB
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Anyone have a guide on how to change the rear wheel ABS sensor? Cable has worn through somehow and need to replace it.

Many thanks

·
A d m i n .
151,133 Posts

·
Elvis has LTB
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
A d m i n .
151,133 Posts
Thanks buddy but cant see anything on there for abs sensors. To rub salt into the wounds KTM claim they cant get the sensor to UK until October!! I can get a second hand unit but unsure if It be capable of fitting it.
ahh, gotcha. So a light is on in your display?

·
Elvis has LTB
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh, gotcha. So a light is on in your display?
Yeah. The cable has worn 50% through and is causing the abs & mtc warning lights to go up on dash.

Im trying to find out if the plug end that plugs into the ABS unit is accessible without removing the tank or anything else that may be beyond my capabilities. The wheel side is just one bolt but I cant see where the other side plugs in.

·
136 Posts
The only reference I see for the rear ABS sensor is on page 11 of the wiring diagram. It shows the sensor plugging into the ABS control unit. Hope this helps.

·
Elvis has LTB
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only reference I see for the rear ABS sensor is on page 11 of the wiring diagram. It shows the sensor plugging into the ABS control unit. Hope this helps.
Does anyone know how easy it is to get to the ABS control box to plug it in?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'd rather not change the sensor on my own if the bike is still under warranty.
Out of warranty I'd do pretty much everything on my own to save money and be sure the work is done properly.

If you deem it is not safe for riding ask the KTM distributor in your country (mention it to the dealer in case they want to raise the issue on their side first) to either expedite the shipping of the needed component or provide a free replacement bike in the meanwhile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts