KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ready for the last trackday of the year tomorrow. Finally mounted the Dunlop slicks and very excited to try them out. I’ll also be riding my RC which has been fitted with a 690 power plant.

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Cool, have fun. I love trackdays. And passing those 1000cc bikes through the corners puts a smile on the dial. Last track day i did was with a mate on his 1299, he kicked my arse down the straights. Oh PS, my tire warmers have arrived in the country, and should be delivered in the next few days.

·
a d m i n .
151,084 Posts
I use Woodcraft warmers, I've had my current set for 4 years and they have held up and still work like new.
Yes~ I always blather that I raced with Eric Wood, (to be straight, he was Expert, and I was jr expert).

Great guy who makes excellent kit.

·
Super-Moderator
679 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes~ I always blather that I raced with Eric Wood, (to be straight, he was Expert, and I was jr expert).

Great guy who makes excellent kit.
Eric is indeed a great guy...still dominates in any class he races at LRRS. Incredible engineer as well. Where did you race with him?

·
a d m i n .
151,084 Posts
Eric is indeed a great guy...still dominates in any class he races at LRRS. Incredible engineer as well. Where did you race with him?
LRRS/CCS 2001-2002. He was also my instructor at the Penguin race school.

I see you’re in nearby Massachusetts. Bought my leathers in Stoughton, Mass. Had my suspension done by GMD there as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
LRRS/CCS 2001-2002. He was also my instructor at the Penguin race school.

I see you’re in nearby Massachusetts. Bought my leathers in Stoughton, Mass. Had my suspension done by GMD there as well.
I take offense to that...I'm in Maine, not Massivetwoshits! Just kidding...I'm originally from Western Mass, so I don't take too much offense... :grin:

GMD Computrack out of Boston is definitely one of the better suspension tuners I've worked with as well.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My 60th present to myself turned up yesterday, a nice new set of tire warmers. Can't wait for a Taupo track day. Gave them a test run, they have 3 temp settings, M-L-H.... H was too hot to touch and should make those S22 very sticky.:smile:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts