KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hearing rumours of a RC 890 R for 2022?
Design could be based on the MotoGP bike.

a d m i n .
Oh that sounds juicy! 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Might be a rule change for World SuperSport in 2022, allowing 765 triples and 955 twins.
600 inline 4s seem to be disappearing from the market.
New rules are being tested in British Super Bike 2021.
If an RC 890 happens it will be a beast.

MotoGP Moderator
Interesting.

Super-FastGuy
Ninja 400
I think the rumors started after some journalist found some pics of the Kramer 890, and claimed it was a KTM prototype for an RC 890... then the rumors went on.

Let's see how it goes
I was about to say the same thing - pics posted on the new GP2 Kramer (which is my dream bike in terms of specs) and mistakenly credited with spy shots of a possible RC890R.

Only way that happens is if KTM officially buys Kramer instead of using them as a trusted partner for collaborations and R&D.

Bierer and Lietner have already stated the RC8R was KTM's last foray into large displacement sportbikes - lets see if they walk it back and actually do make the RC890R - be cool if they do.

I'm just as stoked to see an RC490 twin - done right that could be a really cool little streetbike or TD bike.

MotoGP Moderator
Bierer and Lietner have already stated the RC8R was KTM's last foray into large displacement sportbikes - lets see if they walk it back and actually do make the RC890R - be cool if they do.
I would argue that 890 is not large displacement... If it helps, we can call it midsize. A 790 will also be fine.

Reactions: Pgm

Super-FastGuy
Ninja 400
I would argue that 890 is not large displacement... If it helps, we can call it midsize. A 790 will also be fine.

At the time when pressed for more info he replied "anything more than a current 600 supersport is too much"...

5 years ago a 600SS bike was putting out 105hp and 45ft lbs on average.

890R is close in HP but WAY more in torque as you know. It's not RC8R spec but its way lighter.

And for the record, I'm totally fine with them re-entering the sportbike market with an offering bigger than the current RC390. (y) :)

Registered
Add me to the list of wanting something supersport oriented from KTM rather than hyper nakeds. So a RC890R or RC990R would be something I'd be highly interested in. I'd even consider something like a RC1290R as well.

Registered
Oddly I was thinking only the other day - quite the reverse.

I remember back a few decades when 1Litre was seen as plain ridiculous. 750's were considered big. 850's up were needless!. A 60bhp 950 was enough to tour Europe - I did. 1000mile days were rare, but happened once or twice.

Now I look at the "weedy little" 790 with it's just about 100bhp and feel myself wondering it it's up to a 400km run to the ferry. Surely I NEED the 2300cc for distance.

Maybe I need to have a chat with Mr Milliard

KTM 2580 V4 - Hmmmmmm

Registered
Well aprilia have opened the game. If the rs660 is a hit, I would be very surprised if KTM didn鈥檛 do anything

Registered
790 Duke 2020
Especially in the light of the new 拢7200 Triumph Trident 660 too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts