KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking to a tuner and there are at least 9 of these things going straight to my track.. Other manufacturers should be paying attention to this. I'm disappointed that BMW didnt develop their 800 into an S800rr. (I race for a BMW shop) The KTMs look like they will be in short supply!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have been talking to a tuner and there are at least 9 of these things going straight to my track.. Other manufacturers should be paying attention to this. I'm disappointed that BMW didnt develop their 800 into an S800rr. (I race for a BMW shop) The KTMs look like they will be in short supply!
That's excellent, that usually means some good development and knowledge will come from it on suspension, tuning, exhausts etc...

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
So what mods are they doing for the track use?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woodcraft is doing rear sets, and protective bits, suspension mods are being worked on, still waiting on a power commander and will have to decide on an exhaust. I'm sure my bike will end up with cartridges and a new rear shock. Brakes are key so we will be addressing those. I like ridiculous power in my front brakes. I use 2 fingers. From all accounts these are not the greatest.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Word is out that clip ons and bodywork is possible. It will most likely require a different fuel tank though. That starts adding up costs...

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
Woodcraft is doing rear sets, and protective bits, suspension mods are being worked on, still waiting on a power commander and will have to decide on an exhaust. I'm sure my bike will end up with cartridges and a new rear shock. Brakes are key so we will be addressing those. I like ridiculous power in my front brakes. I use 2 fingers. From all accounts these are not the greatest.
1/ Woodcraft is doing rear sets, and protective bits,
2/ suspension mods are being worked on I'm sure my bike will end up with cartridges and a new rear shock
3/power commander
4/ decide on an exhaust.
5/ Brakes are key so we will be addressing those. I like ridiculous power in my front brakes. I use 2 fingers. From all accounts these are not the greatest

Firstly mine is 99% a road bike
1/ I went the R&G route for protection
2/ was looking at andreani cartridges and rear ohlin, but running standard currently
3/ gave up waiting and went the Coober route
4/ went Akra but would not have gone this way for the track, maybe AR
5/ I too like 2 finger braking and modding my bike to take the Front Master Cylinder from an SDR which helped, i think pads as well would make it perfect.

Keep us informed as you mod away, pictures would be good too

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm 99% sure I'll own one in a few days, and it will be 100% track.

The part I'm having the most trouble locating is bodywork, specifically a fluid-retaining belly pan. That will put a screeching halt on racing these things if I can't source one.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
55 Posts
What's your local track?

·
a d m i n .
151,088 Posts
Word is out that clip ons and bodywork is possible. It will most likely require a different fuel tank though. That starts adding up costs...

What cartridges did you go with? Plan on racing?

What's your local track?
I'm guessing from his avatar pix, Loudon, New Hampshire, (used to race there too).

It'd be great to get a progress report. :smile:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts