KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
446 Posts
Hey - is this unit compatible with the OEM turn signals?

Any pics of it installed on your bike if you used them?

I'm in Victoria, BC so shipping would be easy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey - is this unit compatible with the OEM turn signals?

Any pics of it installed on your bike if you used them?

I'm in Victoria, BC so shipping would be easy.
It is compatible with the OEM signals in terms of fitment, but the heat shield won't fit with our bulky turn signals in North America - the shield is designed for use with the smaller LED signals the Euro bikes have. That said, before I installed small LED signals, I used it for a while with no shield, and the stock turn signal wasn't affected by the heat from the exhaust. If you have an aftermarket exhaust which is shorter and\or lower than the stock pipe, it's a non-issue.

Attachments

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
446 Posts
Good to know - thank you!

I'll pass as I don't want to bother with aftermarket LED's and the added expense.

My 790's exhaust is stock so I'm sure the signals wouldn't last long with no proper heat shield.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
May I ask why are you selling?

Might be interested. Have a shorty pipe, so heat will not be an issue.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
May I ask why are you selling? Might be interested. Have a shorty pipe, so heat will not be an issue.
Sure, the Vancouver Police Department didn't like it as much as do! I got pulled over, and the cop (actually a really good guy!) went through a bunch of stuff that was not strictly legal on my bike. The after market tail light that comes with the R&G tail tidy was one of them, along with the small LED turn signals I was using. First time in 10 years that I'd ever had an issue of this kind, and all my bikes have had tail tidies! Anyway, I didn't get ticketed, and I want it to stay that way, so I've replaced the R&G with another tail tidy that uses the stock tail light. I'm sure the majority of jurisdictions can't even be bothered with this kind of stuff, but seemingly downtown Vancouver's not one of them!

·
A d m i n .
151,138 Posts
Sure, the Vancouver Police Department didn't like it as much as do! I got pulled over, and the cop (actually a really good guy!) went through a bunch of stuff that was not strictly legal on my bike. The after market tail light that comes with the R&G tail tidy was one of them, along with the small LED turn signals I was using. First time in 10 years that I'd ever had an issue of this kind, and all my bikes have had tail tidies! Anyway, I didn't get ticketed, and I want it to stay that way, so I've replaced the R&G with another tail tidy that uses the stock tail light. I'm sure the majority of jurisdictions can't even be bothered with this kind of stuff, but seemingly downtown Vancouver's not one of them!

Hully crap, that is crazzzy that the officer put that much time and effort into it.. :plain:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.