KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got my bike, the quickshifter didn't work all the time. At the first service, it was re-programmed and works much better. However, when I start out in first gear and leave my toe under the shifter, the slightest movement of my foot cuts the ignition and surprises me. This happens mainly on quick starts or when I am making a turn at an intersection after coming to a stop. This evening, I was rolling up to an intersection and was about to stop when the light turned green. I made my right turn in first gear and throttled up quickly. The bike pulled a little wheelie which made my toe touch the shifter and power was abruptly cut. I might try adjusting the shifter but for now, I just turned the quickshifter off. Has anyone here experienced this?

·
Super Moderator
'20 Street Triple 765
639 Posts
Same - practically every wheelie in 2nd gear it would grab 3rd gear and surprise me.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It's just accentuating a bad habit. If you stop keeping your toe under the shifter, this won't be a problem. If you must, then you should probably just keep the QS turned off.

·
Registered
2020 Duke 790
9 Posts
I had the same experience but pay more attention to my foot position and it's no longer an issue for me in first gear. I do find the quick shifter pretty sensitive all around but don't tend to use it much so, like first gear, it's not an issue.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Just a thought...

I recently had my 2019 790 serviced and they loaned me a 2020 model for the day - I immediately noticed that the angle of the shifter was different to my bike as it was harder to get my foot under the lever.

You could consider doing the same and adjusting to raise the lever a little so your boot isn't so close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.