KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've just had my first service at which time I mentioned the clutch cable had become loose and the rear brake also felt like its travel till bite had increased (bedding in?)

I got the bike back and the software update has transformed its low rpm behaviour, the mechanic said he had 'tightened the bike back up again' and off I went. As soon as I got on the clutch and brake pedal were both tensioned like when it was new.

I was riding last night and noticed the rear brake pedal moved whilst I was on the brake, subsequent to my use of the quickshifter changing down.
After this moment both the clutch lever and the rear brake pedal travel seems to have increased again, similar to pre-service experience.

Does the quickshifter have any interaction with the rear brake? Should this be happening? Am I doing something wrong?

My Quickshifter does seem to move across its travel from start to finish in two steps, is this normal?

many thanks in advance

·
A d m i n .
151,133 Posts
Hey there!

What's a rear brake? haha, never touch the stuff.

Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question, as I didn't think the two were related, (QS & rear brake).

Personally, I'm a pointer finger only (on front brake lever), and maybe use the rear brake 5% of the time. Also, I only change Up with the QS, hardly ever down.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You are most likely just feeling the traction control system as you downshift while having your foot on the brake.
Its not completely perfect with it´s rev matching so the rear wheel can slide around for a moment which you will feel in the rear brake.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You are most likely just feeling the traction control system as you downshift while having your foot on the brake.
Its not completely perfect with it´s rev matching so the rear wheel can slide around for a moment which you will feel in the rear brake.
I've felt this as well. Feels like the ABS kicks in for a split second when it detects enough of a change in rear wheel speed during downshifts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts