KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
UPDATE:
KTM Agreed to replace the duke with a brand new one. It will be arriving next week.

I am going to sell it right away so if anyone on here knows someone whom wants a bargain on a BRAND NEW duke with the following powerparts on it, please PM me. Im located an hour south of Sydney, NSW.

Cheers,

1 x Heated Grip Kit Part Number 64112964044
1 x Wave Brake Disc Set Part Number 64109960000
1 x stealth rear sprocket Part Number 5841005104104
1 x clutch lever Part Number 64102931044
1 x brake lever Part Number64113902044
2 x handle bar end mirrors Part Number 64112940000
1 x Pillion Seat cover Part Number 64107955044
1 x Akrapovic Slip-on Line Part Number64105979100
1 x brake reservoir cover Part Number64113903000
1 x fuel tank protection sticker Part Number 64108997100
1 x evotech Tail tidy Part Number PRN014017-01

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Understandable with all your frustration. At least they finally agreed to replace it. I would say if you **** bent on getting away from the bike/KTM, sell it while new, but if not, maybe give this one a try? Could have just had a bad bike...

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Oh yea, and put it in the for sale section. Just make sure you add some pics and follow the posting rules for the section.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
New bike update

Good to hear that they're replacing the bike. I wish you much better luck with the next bike, whatever it may be!
So would you believe, went to dealership yesterday to take delivery of my new 2019 790. And the bike was somehow damaged in the crate in transit!

Far out!!!!!

So now i need to wait for another new one to be delivered!

I seriously cant believe all this.

Once i have it, ill post pics etc...

Cheers,

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all
As this thread reappeared this morning, I thought I’d update you on my quick shifter failure.

(Recap, 6500 miles of fun, then out of the blue. . . No quick shifter)
Into dealer, thinks “shaft shift sensor, Part on order, return 3 days later for them to fit but it wasn’t. Left it with them for 3 days (given demo bike), swapped out/robbed bits from other machines in the dealership, still baffled (pun intended!). Linked bike computer direct to KTM Austria & finally diagnosed with “clutch switch” failure. New switch. . . Back to full operation :)

The clue on this fault for anyone’s future reference, when pulling the clutch fully in, you feel a click, like the cable is catching something.
New clutch switch & this disappeared. Happy riding everyone :)

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Great info, @Grim Reaper Dodger!

This switch interacts with the QS for sure. You can also feel it if your shift timing is a little off. Happens to me from time to time. I use the clutch for most up/down shifts. Old habits die hard.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
I use the clutch for most up/down shifts. Old habits die hard.
Ditto! Well, I do use the downshift a fair bit but almost never the upshift because I rarely have the throttle opened hard enough to make seamless changes with it. However, its value was amply demonstrated this week. I'm an Examiner for the NZ branch of the UK Institute of Advanced Motorists and was taking a rider for his advanced police roadcraft riding test. He was riding a Triumph 1200 Explorer and getting on the gas out of tight bends on a back road, the bottom end torque of that beast made him really hard to hold onto whilst he was "making progress". Using the quickshifter upshift made sticking with him significantly easier and it made me wonder in a track situation, just how much time could be saved compared with making normal clutch changes.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Now this might be a cat amongst the pigeons moment.

Having fitted the WINGS/COOBER combo : The weather has not been that great. But it cleared for a bit this AM and I have been out for a test ride. One thing that I did not expect at all - Quickshifter is notably smother.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Now this might be a cat amongst the pigeons moment.

Having fitted the WINGS/COOBER combo : The weather has not been that great. But it cleared for a bit this AM and I have been out for a test ride. One thing that I did not expect at all - Quickshifter is notably smother.

Is that just a factor of the upgraded/updated mapping with the coober?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts