KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been incrementally exploring the electronic features of my new 790 D.
First it was Street Mode mostly for break in.

Then Sport Mode. "Wow! This bike is quick and SO light. The revs climb to quickly for the break in period. I'm getting up to 6000 RPM to easily.

Then Rain Mode, oh, this is great for town. Look out, it really effects your launch from a stop. Also short shifting Street and Sport Mode helps in town too.

Most recently I used Track Mode. HOLLY CRAP! That is no joke.
The acceleration!

I thought the bike was quick in Sport and that it was maximum save for controlling slip and ABS. OH NO make no mistake Track Mode is the unbridled 790 Duke.
So quick, I don't know and don't care what the maximum speed is. I'm into acceleration, and this machine has it.

The Quick Shifter sure is cool to. I've never experienced that before in a car or on a bike. So nice! So much less handlebar input. When your really on the gas, that is nice.
The down shifting! That's a handy feature (sarcasm). So much more smooth than manually blipping.
I feel bad for bikes that only Quick Shift up.

Next up, Launch Control. (Que dramatic musical sting) I'm sure that will be fun too.

Bottoms Up!
Steve

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is the first bike I've had with abs... never mind all the rest. The things a beast. I'm still a bit off an amature with the launch control. You have to sort of unprogram your brain and just trust the electronics.

My quickshifter can be a bit abrupt from first to second. Thats my only gripe

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the first bike I've had with abs... never mind all the rest. The things a beast. I'm still a bit off an amature with the launch control. You have to sort of unprogram your brain and just trust the electronics.

My quickshifter can be a bit abrupt from first to second. Thats my only gripe
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. All of my past bikes had/have carburetors. I'm really liking the 790. Can not wait to get on it again.

·
Registered
196 Posts
This is also my first bike w/ a QS. I really enjoy it....when I can remind myself not to use the clutch ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts