KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
2011 Ninja 400. First bike! Was really great for a first ride. Only regret is the shortie Hindle exhaust I slipped on. Absolutely deafening at the level of throttle that little motor demanded.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yes thats the Bertrand road Bridge Geoff, same one your photo is on, not long after you were there they did the bridge up and now its open to small vehicles to pass over. Its a real iconic bridge and one of the oldest in the North Island. Its not that far from my place.

·
Registered
123 Posts
2011 Ninja 400. First bike! Was really great for a first ride. Only regret is the shortie Hindle exhaust I slipped on. Absolutely deafening at the level of throttle that little motor demanded.
The first "sport" bike I rode was a friend's 2013/2014 Ninja 300 with an ebay exhaust, we traded for a weekend so he could go gravel adventure. Fun little bike! Earplugs were required even when riding near him though, haha.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 6 bikes in the garage, 5 of which I rode last week... but as the ask was not including ones I own... it would be the 2006 Harley Davidson Street Rod I traded in for the Duke 790. Moose was a great bike to ride, but after 5 years... I was ready to try something new.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m a fan of those newer ninja 400’s. Would be a fun track bike/commuter.
If I wasn't so cramped on the ninja 400 I would have got one. As it is I have talked 2 friends into them... and will likely get one for my daughter in 2 years for her first street bike. The RC390 provide a much better riding position for a big fat guy like me.

·
Soopa-Mod
99 Posts
Sold that VTR, relief. No more old bikes, :))
If I wasn't so cramped on the ninja 400 I would have got one.
Jeeze, how tall are ya? I'm six1, and I'm not cramped on it. Prolly get one in a year or two, for commuting, and on twisty track days. Fantasized about getting back into racing one, we'll see..

The V-Rod is one of the few cruisers I ever liked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Yamaha MT-10 which was sold in preparation for the purchase of the 790. Hopefully it was a wise choice and only time will tell.

·
Registered
111 Posts
'11 KTM 990 SMT. It was a great commuter, but I sold it when my commute no longer worked with a motorcycle. Now that I'm moving to Italy, I picked up the 790 to be my "euro-explorer".

21 - 35 of 35 Posts