KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 2019-2020 Duke 790 and I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone heard if the immobilizer issue has been resolved for either the 2019 or 2020 models? Since I live in Phoenix and it can get in to 115+ range, heat problems are definitely a concern.

2. Interested in maybe getting different handlebars with a +1in up and +1in back rise. Sitting on a bike in the dealership, a +1up/ +1back seems to maybe be a perfect bend for me. Has anyone tried higher/ further back bars, and if so, is there enough slack in everything to work?

3. Best passenger seat tail bag. I am currently looking at the one from KTM.

·
Registered
832 Posts
2. Interested in maybe getting different handlebars with a +1in up and +1in back rise. Sitting on a bike in the dealership, a +1up/ +1back seems to maybe be a perfect bend for me. Has anyone tried higher/ further back bars, and if so, is there enough slack in everything to work?
I fitted a set of riser blocks (much cheaper than new bars) about 2 weeks ago - 20mm up and 30mm back. Room in the cables for that - but that's about as much as you can go. The L/H side switch cluster cables are at their safe limit.

A word of caution - You will find this shift of bars changes weight distribution. My fork feedback is notably different now. Not bad but different and not quite as smooth.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
barbagris-

Thank you for the feedback. My test ride of the bike went better then expected, so I will ride the bike for a while and see how it goes.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Looking at a 2019-2020 Duke 790 and I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone heard if the immobilizer issue has been resolved for either the 2019 or 2020 models? Since I live in Phoenix and it can get in to 115+ range, heat problems are definitely a concern.
I'm not convinced it's heat related, rather battery. Several folks have reported battery issues and IMM failure recently:
https://www.790dukeforum.com/forum/712-ktm-790-duke-issues-problems/358-immobilizer-failure-official-thread-all-immobfails.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts