KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

After a brief search I couldn't find the answer to this so apologies in advance if I've missed it - feel free to redirect me.

I have the OEM (part 64112964044) heated grips, installed per the KTM instructions. My grips do not cycle with ignition power. That is to say, that they will stay on when the bike is shut off.

Is this the same experience anyone else is having? As they are connected to the accessory power, I would expect them to be switched with the ignition.

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi @SBKL - the heated grips connect to one of the two accessory connections behind the headlight shroud.

There are two connections: ACC1 and ACC2 - ACC1 is always on and ACC2 is on with ignition.

It sounds like they have been connected to the ACC1 pair rather than the ACC2 pair if they are staying on after the ignition is turned off.

The two pairs of connectors are right next to each other - just swap them over to the other pair.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi @SBKL - the heated grips connect to one of the two accessory connections behind the headlight shroud.

There are two connections: ACC1 and ACC2 - ACC1 is always on and ACC2 is on with ignition.

It sounds like they have been connected to the ACC1 pair rather than the ACC2 pair if they are staying on after the ignition is turned off.

The two pairs of connectors are right next to each other - just swap them over to the other pair.
Thanks. I'll take a look, but I knew that when I installed them and was pretty certain that I used ACC2. Will let everyone know what I find...could be that I was an idiot when I installed them.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks. I'll take a look, but I knew that when I installed them and was pretty certain that I used ACC2. Will let everyone know what I find...could be that I was an idiot when I installed them.
I used a multimeter to confirm which was which when I was installing them and my DIY handlebar power cable.

The cables should be labelled I think from memory.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes...I was an idiot when I installed the grips. Switching them from ACC1 to ACC2 has cured all. Thanks for helping me figure out my mistake!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts