KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had it installed for a short time. All hardware included. Not one scratch.
Perfect for blocking the intense oncoming air during your mind blowing acceleration! I'm in sunny Florida.
Lists for over $120 easy. I will let go for $60.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
237 Posts
screen looks like flat piece of cardboard.......

yeah they dont look clean or well thought out.....what a shame too cuz i need some wind protection but looking for sleeker more refined look which no one does currently
I think the Puig works well for wind protection, based on what I've heard, because of its height. It seems to keep the wind off of the rider up to about mid-helmet (for an average height between 5'6 and 6'0)

I (comparatively) love the look of my Ermax Sport Screen but it doesn't offer as good of wind protection as OP's Puig. With this one, the air hits me at the top of my chest and up, versus bottom of my ribcage and up, without a screen.

In this pic, my 890 has the ermax installed and my gf's FZ07 has a Puig - I don't understand why Puig doesn't make this FZ07 design/shape for the 7/890, I think a lot more people would go with it vs the tall bird-crest option (which is functionally awesome but aesthetically odd - sorry OP, hope none of this sounds like crapping on your item/sale/post!!)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the Puig works well for wind protection, based on what I've heard, because of its height. It seems to keep the wind off of the rider up to about mid-helmet (for an average height between 5'6 and 6'0)

I (comparatively) love the look of my Ermax Sport Screen but it doesn't offer as good of wind protection as OP's Puig. With this one, the air hits me at the top of my chest and up, versus bottom of my ribcage and up, without a screen.

In this pic, my 890 has the ermax installed and my gf's FZ07 has a Puig - I don't understand why Puig doesn't make this FZ07 design/shape for the 7/890, I think a lot more people would go with it vs the tall bird-crest option (which is functionally awesome but aesthetically odd - sorry OP, hope none of this sounds like crapping on your item/sale/post!!)

Man you could put a 12 pack of beer with ice in that thing :p

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sorry for the threadjacks, DranC! I linked this thread to a couple friends/groups for a little extra visibility, hopefully that'll help expedite getting it sold!

I ultimately went with GIVI.. Fit my 2022 GP perfectly. Blocks wind at least to my neck when I'm leaning forward some..

A7708 GIVI Fairing Specific Smoked For KTM Duke 790 2018 2019 2020 | eBay
2022 GP? How do you like it compared to the Puig, visually and effectively?

Man you could put a 12 pack of beer with ice in that thing :p
The top case? Oh yea, it'll hold either 2 helmets and a couple small items -OR- a helmet plus jacket/gloves -OR- all my gear except for the helmet. The case/mount looks ass-ugly, especially how the shape contrasts with the look of (the otherwise gorgeous) bike... but, I'm getting old and function starting to win the war against form on my moto priority list 😅

Aesthetics of the case aside, I like to keep it on the bike at all times (aside from at the track) because, even without the case, the mounting rack, on its own, is a bit of an eye sore. I'd need to pull off ALL of the mounting equipment in order for Duke-bro to go back its normal, sexy, angular look.

My friend taking it for a spin at a recent track day - case removed, rack still installed :sick:🤮

Candid pic of Duke sitting there, lamenting about not being able to (quickly/easily) take off the ugly rack/mounting hardware

Sample of its carrying capacity: in this picture the case is holding my Dainses track boots, my gf's street boots, portable jumpstarter, and some tools (not visible under the boots). This load barely filled it to over half capacity. I could've crammed a 3rd pair of boots (or one or two 12-packs of beer)!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the links cg_ops, appreciated. The GIVI not as high as the Puig so the wind protection wains a little. But it's ok since I think it looks way better.
On track day with the bare rack you could mount like three GoPro's (or even fake ones haha) to give it form and function. It may look cooler lol. Ah, just noticed your rack is a GIVI. Sweet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts